Filed a suit in one state moving to another?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Filed a suit in one state moving to another?

Post by admin »

does any one know what happens if youve filed a suit in one state and you move to another,does it affect your suit thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Filed a suit in one state moving to another?

Post by admin »

we filed in Missouri and almost had to move to Kentucky, My attorney told me it was not a problem, I would just have to come back for depositions and mediation. we did not have to move. That is just my opinion I would check with your lawyer
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

We filed our suit in Calfornia, moved to Texas and then to Illinois. As the suit progressed and it did....we did alot of flying to California for settlement hearings and the like. My attorney took it off the settlement however I know of one girl who had to pay for all her flights and hotel rooms. IT would've cost us a bunch of money considering we flew about 10 times round trip. My attorney never asked us to pay for tickets or hotel rooms she jsut asked us when we could go. The one time I had to fly with my son she even paid for a babysitter to come to my home and help my husband out. I HAVE FOUR KIDS. Talk to the attorney, my attorney told me it was no problem as long as she was CONFIDENT that she would win(I HAD TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT SETS OF MEDICAL RECORDS) Otherwise they have to absorb that cost if they lose. We did finally settle out of court and my son got a good sum of money. It was worth it, but I feel that it was so much more effort.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Moving will not affect your case at all. If the case is already filed, it proceeds just as it would usually. you will have to return for the depositions and trial.

Ken Levine
klevine@klevinelaw.com
617-566-2700
T. Redden

Post by T. Redden »

Are you Lin from LA? I am Tisha Redden and if you are her Dr.Nath gave you my number to talk about botox. I have been trying to reach you but I think I have the wrong number. Please call 620-271-9898 thanks Tisha!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hi sorry im not that lin