Newbie looking for info

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
mullert

Newbie looking for info

Post by mullert »

I am new to all of this and do not know where to start. I was injured by a fall at work 02/04. Arthroscopic surgery was done on my right shoulder in 09/04. During a follow-up visit it was discovered that I sustained nerve injury during surgery. My axillary and suprascapular nerves were damaged (they aren't sure how both got damaged in surgery) My last EMG done in Dec. 04 showed "healing". I am still unable to lift my arm against gravity above 70 degrees. How long does this injury take to recover? What are realistic expectations for recovery? Where is a good place for information on this type of injury?
CW1992

Re: Newbie looking for info

Post by CW1992 »

Hi! I am a Mom of a birth injured child. Please also try to post on the 'trauma injury' board. There are very many people there who can help you and will be better able to answer your questions. Everybody seems to post on all of the 'boards', but the trauma board will probably help you the most. I am sorry for what happened to you and I hope you find the help you need.
Christy