Surgery Questions for Adults

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Mel4fitness

Surgery Questions for Adults

Post by Mel4fitness »

Hello,
I am scheduled to have surgery March 4th (Mod Quad)and am very excited but am a little skeptical. I know Suzy and Joe recently had this and have amazing results. Is there any other adults who have had this surgery? Could you tell me how severe was your bpi and how is it now? Has anyone had any negative results? I would just like to hear from others to make sure this isn't a dream! :)

Thanks in advance for the imput!
Melanie
GDW001

Re: Surgery Questions for Adults

Post by GDW001 »

I am 35 and had this surgery in Melbourne last June. Although not called mod quad in Aus, surgery mostly the same. I had lat/teres transfer, pec release, subscap release, partial anterior capsular release and also had 4cm of bone removed from corocoid.

I, like many others did not know there were options available until I stumbled across this web site. I only wish I knew earlier as the improvements are amazing. In short, could not lift arm above head or put hand to mouth, etc, now can with relative ease.

I have posted 3 or 4 times since then in some detail under surgery related messages (I think I responded to an earlier request for info from Joe also).

If after reading my earlier responses you require further specific info, please advise.

Regards

Glen

admin
Site Admin

Re: Surgery Questions for Adults

Post by admin »

Im 30 and have had it and unfortunately it did not work. The Dr claimed that I recovered wrong from my nerve graft so he couldnt do what he had to. It has been my only surgery that failed but then again everyone is different. Nothing changed for me afterwrds so thankfully there was no loss-just an xtra scar