New Roll Call

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: New Roll Call

Post by admin »

Hi all, I'm Clare mum to Poppy 12month ROBPI. Poppy has made a fantastic recovery over her first 12 months. Wowed us all, as you do fear the worst. But now as most one year olds do, she is into absolutely everything, and yes most days i do pull my hair out with her, but i wouldn't have it any other way! Just wondered if anyone out there lives in England? Would love to hear from you if you do. E-mail me please. Cheers, ClareX
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Where is Karen??? She lives on that side of the pond... she is a load of laughs im sure she will pop in herre soon...

COurt xx
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Karen
There is a new Brit on board. I agree Karen will make you smile and more... My sides still hurt from laughing...

She is across the pond in the UK.
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for replying I'm not a new brit on board actually. Just an old one putting the feelers out. Have to stay anon for now due to legal reasons, don't want the Health Authority getting their hands on anything they think might be useful to use against us now do we?!?! I know Karen really well, she's a gem and has been a tower of strength for me and my family. Can't sing her praises enough!! Cheers ClareX
Josh'smom

Post by Josh'smom »

My name is Alice and I have a 7 year old son Joshua with a left BPI. He had the Mod Quad when he was 3. I live in New yOrk
jaredsmomdeb

Post by jaredsmomdeb »

Hello to all I am Debbie Mother of Jared 7 1/2 and has
robpi and has had four surgeries all performed at Texas. He has two sisters and 3 brothers from his dads side , brittany,13,ashley,10,myles,4,kameron,2 and kory,2.We are from Naperville Il.
Happy NEw Year!!!!
cindyh

Post by cindyh »

Hi, I am a new person. My name is Cindy, mother of Elizabeth born on 9-16-04 with bpi on right side. I also have a son who is 7yrs. old. A husband, Randy.

I am so glad I found this place. I don't feel as alone.
PeggyUBPN

Post by PeggyUBPN »

Welcome, Cindy!

I have an 8 year old, Emma, with ROBI & 10 year old Joel with "transient OLBI", husband Steve.

You've found a good support place here. I'm sorry Elizabeth has the injury, but glad you found UBPN!

Peggy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bumping this up for ALL new people on BOTH boards.