ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
BillCTV

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by BillCTV »

Bill from Pittsburgh PA ---Complete TBPI c8 pulled from cord C5,6,7 damaged. Motorcycle accident - shoulder vs metal bridge girder---Bridge won! Nerve grafts from both legs 21 hour surgery. The worse part after the surgery was the pain in my legs. At the time of accident Docs said after three years that whatever return I had that would be it. That was in 1985 and I am still getting return. Mininmal by non injured status but still pretty cool to me.

just found this place within the last few weeks...

Bill
Dianna williams

Post by Dianna williams »

Dianna Williams(oklahoma) here, son Errett was hurt on 10/31/1997 in a high school football game, he had a right TBPI 5th and 6th pulled out , had surgery on 4/7/1998 nerve grafts, in New orleans, in feb 2001 was released from Doctors care, with full recovery.
Donna (Colleen's Mom)

Post by Donna (Colleen's Mom) »

Nice to *meet* you Karlos, I have a seven year old daughter with left OBPI.
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

HHIIIII !!
I am late, but i am here too... eheh
Right BPI (Duc 916) feb 99,, Portugal.
Cheers to all!!
Paulo G

ps: www.geocities.com/paulo_go
marymom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Teen aged home birthed son with OBPI

Post by marymom »

marymom just checkin in, yall rock, I dont really "belong" as my son has the injury and its Obpi not T but thought Id say hi and rock on!
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

just thought i'd bump this back up to the top again, i'll crunch those numbers again soon, this has got to be the longest set of postings ever! keep that roll call coming guys and welcome to all who posted so far...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi i'm Phil and a got my left bpi whe I went through a hedge on a yammy 180 in March 71.
Good luck to you all.
Phil
Ticknall, Derbyshire
Tessie

Post by Tessie »

I have a surgically caused BPI
LJOLAY

Post by LJOLAY »

Hi --- I'm Linda from Florida. I have a left traumatic bpi which was the end result of surgery 1-14-02 to repair three herniated disks in my lower neck and upper back. Seems the surgeon pulled my shoulders down and taped them to the table during the procedure in order to take an x-ray. I was positioned incorrecty and bpi was the result. I have had to give up my 12-year job as VP & branch manager of a large southern bank, but am undergoing PT and wondering where this new path will lead me.

This is a wonderful site. I told my new doctor (a physiatrist) about it, and he is going to check it out.
George

Post by George »

Hello Phil, Tessie, and Linda !! Welcome to the madhouse. (hope I didn't forget anyone)

I'm a lefty tbpi with fair recovery after two and a half years. No surgeries yet. Lots of home therapy and much hard work at it has helped tremendously. Funny.......the only things I used to do with my left hand was eat and write. Now......I'm very quiet and awfully hungry :o) Didn't take long to make the switch though......not when food was involved :o) (yes Kath....I am constantly thinking of my stomach)

Well....just wanted to say hello to you all. Jenny......you got your work cut out for you....