ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Humboldtmtnbkr
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Road cycling accident 8/31/08 stretched c5/c6. 2 1/2 years post accident now and I have regained all function and alot of strength back. I am a very lucky person.

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by Humboldtmtnbkr »

Hello, I had a road bicycle accident on 8/31/08. Going about 30 mph when my front tire blew out. Shot off the side of the road and landed on my head and shoulder. I broke my right clavicle, which was plated with 7 screws, and suffered a TBPI. My c5, c6 were affected. They think it's a stretch so hopefully time will heal, but the atrophy, the atrophy. Anyway, just a lurker and very happy to have found this site. I have great empathy for those with worse BPI's than my own, but it doesn't make any of this any easier. Thanks. JJ
MarkedlyInPain

Post by MarkedlyInPain »

Mark from Western Washington. I have a left TBPI from a car accident in Jan. 1996.
peterabb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA 3/15/08 (TBPI)
Avulsed C-5, 6, 7, 8 T-1
Mayo Total BP Reconstruction 7/15/08
Pain issues

Post by peterabb »

Car accident 3/15/2008 left arm; five avulsions.
Not a whole lot for which to be thankful. I am trying awfully hard to be positive, but it is proving to be a Herculean task...
Nancy (Eric's Mom)

Post by Nancy (Eric's Mom) »

Hi Pete - This is Nancy, Eric's mom. Eric's car accident was in July 2000. Left TBPI. I've tried to email you a few times but both attempts failed. I was wondering where in CT you are. He's in New Britain and we're in Coventry.
peterabb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA 3/15/08 (TBPI)
Avulsed C-5, 6, 7, 8 T-1
Mayo Total BP Reconstruction 7/15/08
Pain issues

Post by peterabb »

Check your email...
ptrefam

Post by ptrefam »

Seems there are several new people, so thought I would bump this up........the tally's are interesting. Add your message and be counted.
ZachandTaymom

Post by ZachandTaymom »

Been a lurker for a while. Active on other BPI boards

Mom of Taylor 2 years old ORBPI at birth.
littlestep

Post by littlestep »

here it is my first post a lurker no more.My husband(43) had a motor cycle accident 29th Nov 08 c5&c6 avulsed had nerve replacement on april 1st 09 and now we wait.Sydney Australia is home.Currently pain is our biggest problem the muscle twitching hopefully maybe a good sign,time will tell.The surgeon attached what he could to c7.I have my fingers crossed for biceps movement all his fingers move.I have been doing massage to keep blood flow.Any other suggestions would be appreciated.Good luck to all.Lisa
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I can't remember if I ever posted in this TBPI Roll Call, so I am today. I come here often to your message boards and I always learn sooo much from you all about pain management and therapies too.One never stops learning something new and I believe that's what is helping me keep young and active too. I am LOBPI and 70 1/2...and never had a name for my injuriesand pain issues until finding UBPN at age 65. I am soooo grateful my son kept telling me to take a computer class at our Senior Center. I have a whole new caring supportive family. Thank you all for being so candid...it is sooo healing.

Hugs all around,
Carolyn J
LOBPI adult...sometimes ;)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
OzzyJohn

Post by OzzyJohn »

Thats me - when i'm having a bad day i come here and spend a few minutes reading and usually end up having a laugh, best of luck to everyone on the board.

Cheers John