ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by Kath »

up to the top for some new tbpi.

KathM
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Wes

Post by Wes »

Hello my name is Wes, i have right tbpi. This is due to accident at home when a tree i was cutting down fell on me. I read the boards regularly and have posted a few times. It is nice to know i'm not alone. I live in Pennsylvania.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

when you tripped and fell, did you break or dislocate your arm and was it numb right away? thanks Ken
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

to the top....if you haven't added your name in before, please do, those figures are getting quite big and it's nice to know who's here and where they are from. I ONLY add people who post in this thread or it gets too confusing, so if you introduced yourself elsewhere but want to be crunched in my next numbers, add your name and details.
Thanks!
Jen NZ
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

to the top for newbies
jen
babyryd

Post by babyryd »

Hi - I'm Lourdes, My son Chase (age 7)was recently injured (LTBPI 3/6/05) in a motocross accident. This is all still new to us, but we're thankful we've found you! I've never come across such a supportive, fun-loving group of folks and I've learned so much from you already. Thanks a bunch!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello to all.. I too was riding a KZ-650 when a drunk 18 yo girl decided to drive down the wrong side of a divided highway..12/3/79.. I found this board in 2003 and visit often. I never knew there were others like myself until I found this page. What say we all meet in Disney World Orlando, and take the place over??
Anyway have a great day, I'm number 493 I think..
Clearwater, Fl...Kenny G.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hi my name is maggie. i have a right bpi after dislocation and fracture of shoulder in May 2004. I live near Aberdeen in scotland. Treatment is on going. the hosp in Aberdeen is fantastic. your web site is great Cheers
mullert

Post by mullert »

Tami here, I have R tbpi due to shoulder surgery mistake in Ohio
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

yea I thought you posted, too Jamie. I went back and looked and you did, in February 2004. But you didn't say where you were from in your post and at that time I didn't know, so I have added you in as unspecified....sorry mate I'll add another Aussie next time I crunch.

I don't know if any of you ever go back and look at all the entries in this thread, I just did looking for Jamie's original post, and reading the names it's really interesting to see how far everyone's come since they posted on here as newbies.
It's been nice to have met you all :0)
Jen NZ