God Bless Anyone in the area affected by Katrina

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Re: God Bless Anyone in the area affected by Katrina

Post by Kath »

Mandie
I am so happy for you and your family... Sorry they lost all their things. I am so happy they are safe.
There is so much bad new from that area it's great to hear good news.

Kath adult/obpi
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Mandie

Post by Mandie »

A lesson in giving.

My girls went through their rooms today and picked things to donate. We gathered up 3 big boxes full and we all went to the shelter @ a local church to drop it off.

PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

I've gotten some good news! My friends that went to the north bank made it through the hurricane and went further away today to relatives! I had another email from another friend who went to Robert, LA.
Still no word on E.J. and some others, but I am happy to know that Lori and her family and Leigh are alive!
They have a long way to go; please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers! Thanks so much to all who are doing what they can to help these devestated people. Their homes are gone; their livelyhood is gone; they need so much...so many people who need humanity and kindness.
Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm overwhelmed with emotion.

Peggy
sandi raney

Post by sandi raney »

It is so overwelming! I feel so sad. I want to help, so I have been calling a lot to try to donate clothes,etc. The Red Cross isnt ready for clothes yet. They need food, water, soap, blankets and pillows. They also need baby formula and stuff to feed the kids, like juice boxes and snacks. At my Husbands Home Depot store, they are sending 7 associates and the Mgr. in a RV to go feed people, or whatever they can do. Two associates at his store have lost family members. Keep Praying and God Bless us all.
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

I hope some of you have located family members.
All of you are in my prayers.
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Those still looking for loved ones can upload pictures to this site and email info:

MissingKatrina.com

BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

I have a missing cousin. He is an adult, not a child. This situation is just horrible. 4 days later and still 10's of thousands still on rooftops and stranded elsewhere. What in the world? women are getting raped, people beaten and robbed. Do we not live in America? It looks and sounds more like a 3rd world country and not like 2005. I am so upset, these people are just dying from starvation, dehydration, and need meds.

MArlyn
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

I spent an endless amount of time on the phone waiting to talk to someone at the Red cross; once I finally got a live person to talk to, I was told:

"The American Red Cross is not in a position to go looking for people
today; nor are the local officials.. It is up to individuals to take
care of themselves as best they can. It is unsafe to go into the
neighborhoods in New Orleans today."

That was this morning; I hope that tune has changed now.

Peggy
Kath

Post by Kath »

Marlyn
I hope you find your cousin.
Please let us know when you hear anything.
My thoughts and prayers with all of the families suffering as a result of this terrible disaster
Kath ( adult/obpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
tracy1972

Post by tracy1972 »

I contacted my local Red Cross to see about donating the meds. I have(about $700.00 worth) that I cannot take due to allergic reactions that I had with them. They are still in oringinal containers with all info. on them. They told me they don't accept "drug" donations. Go figure. It sickens me that they are sitting on top of my fridge collecting dust when someone down there could possibly be in need of it. God be with them.

Tracy