ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
karlos

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by karlos »

Hi Terry.
Im still here mate, most Brits post on http://pub28.ezboard.com/badultswithbra ... usinjuries and a lot are/were bikers.
a couple of us still ride...iv got a Ducati 999s and Neils got a zx 10.
Have a shifty at the message boards great bunch (honest)
If you need to get hold of me click on my name in blue and send a message.

ps i had a 98 blue r1 before the duke

karl
TracieT

Post by TracieT »

Tracie Frain,Live in Iowa have had my injury since 1972 due to being hit by a drunk driver!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mom of DeeDee she has had Erbs Palsy since birth 12 yrs old (thanks to the doctor who wanted her to come out faster then she wanted to) But we manage now she wants to have surgery that might help her get some use of her right arm and shoulder
melbenelbeny

Post by melbenelbeny »

Hey Im Melaine, i live in australia, im 17 and have left bpi from birth
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Melanie

I think you should know that there is a board for OBPI/adults at this website and most birth injured post there
Welcome to the boards...
http://ubpn.org/messageboard/forum.jsp?forum=19

Kim
Most of the parents of obpi post on the General Message board and have tons of information on surgery...

Not that you are not welcome to post on all boards but the Adult/obpi and General Message boards will be the place for the particular information you are both looking for...
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

Just rolling this up to the top, welcome all newbies :0) Add yourself to the list and get counted in the next number crunch...last one a couple of pages back, check it out!
Jen NZ
billyd1431

Post by billyd1431 »

Hey Hello- Bill in Harrisburg, PA-truck driver (well, WAS a driver) Right BPI , avulsed c-5, and now looks like c-8-T1/first BPI surgery now for 9/2/04, looks not so good. But, accident (door hit, 15,00 pounds per square inch, 50 miles per hour, keep getting worse since Dec 03, when I got whacked.
Just began Neurotin on Weds, works about 5 hours and whoa! Pain attacks.
Shoot.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, my name is shahar (means "dawn" in hebrew) and I'm from israel. 6 month ago I had a motorcycle accident in which I strech my left C 5-6. My progress is very slow and I think of coming to the US to check my problem deeper.I have no pain, thank GOD and I'm a little afraid of causing myself some pain after that surgical treat.
Thank & Bless you People.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi. I've been using this web site for the last 2 years. Y'all saved my life.
My accident happened on 9/24/01 at age 54 while on vacation in Hawaii; a large tour bus with brake not properly set rolled down a hill and struck me from behind as I talked with a very nice Hawaiian lady. The bus proceeded up an embankment, then reversed course and rolled over my right side: injuries included neck broken in several places, broken scapula, multiple rib fractures,right side of diaphram paralyzed, bruised heart and liver, brain injury, groin wound, and brachial plexus injury w/ avulsion of C5 thru T1.
You can bet that's a vacation I'll never forget.
Sandy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hey!
I'm Kara, I have a 3 1/2 year old son with a right OBPI!
I often read these more so than post!

Its good to see we are not alone, but then again sad to see so many of these injuries!

My best to all of you!