Topomax

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Re: Topomax

Post by admin »

Mel,
There are many positives about t-max for migraines - have you read the forum - focus on the positives - it has worked wonders for many - it takes time, you have to get to a good dose, you have to let the unpleasant side effects fade away - and hopefully your migraines with them!
admin
Site Admin

Re: TOPOMAX and Muscle Jerking Anyone?

Post by admin »

I'm an attorney at law from Puerto Rico, I have a client that is using topomax to treat mental illness, and she has plenty of side effects, we are making reaserch regarding this issue to determine if a claim procedes, pleas spedify all your symptoms and you dosis thanks for your help,

Nydmilia
admin
Site Admin

Re: Topomax and hairloss

Post by admin »

I've been doing some personal research on topomax. This was a very informative thread, but I have to say, you are a very rude mean person Paul. You should be ashamed of your online ettiquette and behavior!!

lily
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I take 100mg twice a day of Topomax. I have been on Topomax for a year now. I used to have 3 - 4 migraines a month. Since I started on Topomax I have had 4 migraines!!! It's an "awesome" drug! My Dr. has migraines & he used topomax before prescribing it to his patients. After getting over the 'initial' side effects of "numb, tingling, feet/hands and effects on my cognitive thinking, The only side effect I still have is "carbonated soda".... they taste flat! My Dr. said it was one of the side effects. I have also lost 30lbs this past year without changing my eating habits...I'm just not "as hungry" and don't want to "munch". My husband keeps begging our Dr. to give him some!!!! :) I hope EVERYONE with migraines is able to tolerate the medication & that it helps them as much as it has me!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I take 100mg twice a day of Topomax. I have been on Topomax for a year now. I used to have 3 - 4 migraines a month. Since I started on Topomax I have had 4 migraines!!! It's an "awesome" drug! My Dr. has migraines & he used topomax before prescribing it to his patients. After getting over the 'initial' side effects of "numb, tingling, feet/hands and effects on my cognitive thinking, The only side effect I still have is "carbonated soda".... they taste flat! My Dr. said it was one of the side effects. I have also lost 30lbs this past year without changing my eating habits...I'm just not "as hungry" and don't want to "munch". My husband keeps begging our Dr. to give him some!!!! :) I hope EVERYONE with migraines is able to tolerate the medication & that it helps them as much as it has me!!!
admin
Site Admin

Re: topomax--what happens??

Post by admin »

Yes, I have heard about the liver damage. But, my Dr keeps up with my blood work & everything is fine after 1 yr on Topomax.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was on Lithium for about three years when I gained close to 70lbs. I was miserable. I am only 5' tall and I weighed in at 200lbs. The DR. put me on Topomax and would gradually increase my doses and slowly I lost the weight which in turn took alot of my deppression with it. I feel that Topomax is a great drug.....you have to give it a chance , let it get into your system. Yes , you will have tingling in you hands and feet at first but that does go away. You will also notice that coca-cola will start to taste like the tin can...it is soooo nasty. Anything with carbonation will taste badMy advice ,from someone who has been on this drug for a few years ...give it a chance...it will work for you!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was on Lithium for about three years when I gained close to 70lbs. I was miserable. I am only 5' tall and I weighed in at 200lbs. The DR. put me on Topomax and would gradually increase my doses and slowly I lost the weight which in turn took alot of my deppression with it. I feel that Topomax is a great drug.....you have to give it a chance , let it get into your system. Yes , you will have tingling in you hands and feet at first but that does go away. You will also notice that coca-cola will start to taste like the tin can...it is soooo nasty. Anything with carbonation will taste bad .My advice ,from someone who has been on this drug for a few years ...give it a chance...it will work for you!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Those of you who are having success with topomax for your migraines ...my question to you is: are you not having the migraines as frequently on topomax or is it simply that the migraines are less severe and more managable when you have them?
Thanx
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have been on Topomax for almost 2 years now. Before the medication I was having migraines several times a month. Now I hardly ever get them but when I do they are still as intense. Topomax has also decreased the episodes of ocular migraines I was getting. This drug has made a big difference with very few side effects.