Surgery Finished & back home

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Joanie

Re: Surgery Finished & back home

Post by Joanie »

Ditto what Amy said!

Joanie
PuppetPeople

Post by PuppetPeople »

Hello to all!

I have not been on lately, so am taking my turn now while the kids are away. Our Family Reunion was a blast! I brought my rocking chair and had that in the tent to sleep on. The whole weekend went good. Oh, my son told us two days before the reunion that his wife is pregnant! My first grandchild, finely!

Was at Mayo Clinic and seen Dr. Sanchez on August 14 and got rid of the "pillow sling", and my PICC IV line and now I have a cloth sling. From my arm being in-mobile for 3 months my elbow is sort of in a locked position. I have been to PT twice now and I think I have a lot of work in front of me. The PT guy received papers from Mayo about the surgery and told me a few other things that the surgeon did not share with me. I am going to request to get a copy of all my records right away, then I will have them.

I mentioned to my PT guy that my ribs on the OBPI side have always hurt through out my life. He said that with erbs palsy it can affect your dieafram. I guess I never thought of that area being involved before.

I also applied for Social Security once again last week. I will probably be turned down again, I don't have enough quarters in of work. Needless to say, that's because I ended up quiting the jobs because the job was affecting my arms to much and has caused much pain. The other reason will be that our assets are to high. My hubby works hard for things and we get put down because we have a 4 wheeler and my daughter has a car which is in our name until she is 18 years old in March. Guess we just can't win! I will appeal if it's turned down.

Take Care everyone.
Have a great week!
Karen
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Hey Karen, sounds like you had a good time at your family renunion, thats great news! Also a big congrats on your first grandbaby! I hope the pregnancy is easy and you welcome a happy healthy baby into the world!

So are you excited to have the picc IV out and be out of the pillow splint?
Has your pain gone away?

hugs,
Amy 20 ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN