BPI Video

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Allison

Re: BPI Video

Post by Allison »

Hi Folks,
I asked my lawyer about using the song, he said as long as I'm not selling the video all is well. If by some miracle on of the networks decides to use the piece for something, then permission will be needed. I was a big Six Feet Under fan, as soon as I heard the song, I knew it was the one.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Why cant I open this? It just goes to a MegaUpload page with a thing saying I've qualified for a free iPod.
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

You can go to http://www.injurednewborn.com and on the right hand side of the page is a purple box titled "the many faces of bpi" click on that and you can view the video.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm speechless. I haven't cried for my baby's injury for over a year, and this just broke me apart. We are in the "heat" of our legal battle and it made the video even more significant and emotional for me. Thanks again and again to Allison for creating it.
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

I finally got it open and running, wow, nicely done!
marieke (LOBPI)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Ginne

Post by Ginne »

Carolyn & Kath,

Next time if you disable cooking, try using the following steps:

In Internet Explorer:
Along the top, left click "Tools"
Scroll down and left click "Internet Options"
On the Privacy tab (should be the 3rd one), go down to the bottome where it says "Websites" and click the EDIT button.
type in the website that you will allow the cookie from.

ALTERNATELY:

use the first three steps from above
On the Privacy tab, under "Settings", click on the ADVANCED button.
A box will pop up and you can choose how to handle your cookies.
(personally, when going to sites that require cookies to be accepted mine are set as follows:
Override automatic cookies (checked)
First party Cookies (ACCEPT checked)
Third party cookies (PROMPT checked)
Always allow sesion cookies (checked))

I don't recommed accepting third party cookies. never a good idea! Prompting will allow you to choose these options: accept on a one-time basis, accept always , block on a one-time basis, or block always.

Hope this helps!

Ginne

Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Thanks,Ginne. It's very helpful to finally learn that!!
Hugs,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Wow!! I just downloaded the video and watched it. What an amazing job you did on this video and it is so heart warming. I'm glad you warned us to get the kleenex out. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I wonder if there is a way to get that on tv? Wouldn't that be great so the whole world could see that. I am sure it would open a lot of peoples eyes......Especially the doctors. I am sure so many people are so unaware of brachial plexus injuries.