Surgery has any one had any success

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
highlander_1406

Re: Surgery has any one had any success

Post by highlander_1406 »

All my work is done with the physio therapists once a week, there arnt much help ither they dont stretch my arm anymore all they do is give me this hand squeezing thing so i have started asking for them to do things like tie my arm up in slings and taking gravity away then moving it everyway i can several times to stenthing what i have. I also go to Aromatherapy once a week which really does help because it helps the curculation and stimulates the muscles and is also very nice to get. It straches the muscles as well so thats another good thing. I end up doing most of my work by myself but the more your muscles are worked the better they will be in the end. My O/T's only do things like sensation tests to see how much i can feel and make splints for me.

Kev
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thaat great Maureen !!!!!!!!!!!!! In which direction do's he move it? Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Paul,

Resting his arm on the pillow, he bent his arm at the elbow and pulled his arm toward his chest. I am going to buy his that machine that looks like an upside down bike. It is called the chairciser. If anyone knows of something similar, please let me know. This one is 250 dollars.

Regards,
Maureen
Kathleen

Re: Maureen

Post by Kathleen »

Maureen

I am OBPI and when I was a child my mother turned a child's bike upside down and I had to peddle it of course they made it more attractive and put cards held with clothes pins so that when I peddled the bike would make noise... It was something I thought I was playing while I was getting therapy...

Buying a child's small bike is a lot cheaper and you can then donate it to a needy family or shelter after you are through with it... They come in all sizes go to a toy store and try it out...

Kath
Board Moderator

Re: Maureen to help you get faster answers

Post by Board Moderator »

Delayed Posts - guests and others

Please remember to sign in (Log in) that will cause your post to appear immediately.

If you post as a guest your post must be read by one of the Board Moderator's and approved that is why your post does not appear.

UBPN is staffed by volunteers and sometimes many hours pass before your post is approved. We do our best to see that the board is monitored at regular intervals to approve guests posts.

We realize that it is necessary for some to post as guests and we are not trying to discourage this just asking that those who can log in before posting.

Thank you
UBPN Board Moderators
Gianni

Re: Maureen to help you get faster answers

Post by Gianni »

Thank you, I did not realize that.
Regards,
Maureen
Gianni

Re: Maureen

Post by Gianni »

Kath,

I don'nt think that would work because the machines they sell have a resistance adjuster on them. As his arm strength increases you can increase the tension. Thanks for the idea.

Regards,
Maureen
Paul

Post by Paul »

Maureen Thats very good.............Paul
hdcrash

Post by hdcrash »

hey paul hows everything going did you mean you would be at indy or the thing in new york
Rob25

Post by Rob25 »

hi all just wondering time and day to the gathering cause I would love to go. I live on long Island. eagerly waiting. Rob