Emotionally damaged OBPI adult

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
brandonsmom

Re: Emotionally damaged OBPI adult

Post by brandonsmom »

Marieke,
And it is about time that things are changing. It is sad to me to think that disabled people were treated that way. When my oldest two were in second and fourth grade, about 8 years ago, we lived in San Diego and they went to a school that had alot of disabled kids. They used to help in their classroom because nobody else wanted to be with these kids. Weehn I had my son, they both went on a mission to make sure no one ever made fun of a disabled child again. It is sad that we have to make rules so that everyone gets treated right.....Thanks Gayle
admin
Site Admin

Re: Emotionally damaged OBPI adult

Post by admin »

I thought I'd add my 2 cents too.
I grew up not even knowing what was wrong with my arm. Other kids, teachers and later even Drs would ask, and I'd have to say either I don't know or nothings wrong. At the same time since I was not the perfect little beautiful doll my mom wanted home was not even a comfortible safe place. One neurologist asked me if I knew I was lopsided? Now I just consider myself the Picaso version. My first husband always called attention to it which was so "nice" to live through. I still have a hard time leaving the house because I'm still embarrassed. You aren't alone. It sounds like there are lots of us who understand what you are going through.