Surgery has any one had any success

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Mitch
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Left TBPI 03/06/01. Motorcycle accident

Re: Surgery has any one had any success

Post by Mitch »

Hi Red, Im now 15 months after surgery, and my pain is a mixture of both muscular, joint and nerve pain.
I cant really say its getting much better. Most of the nerve pain begins at the under side of the elbow firing down to the hand, at its best its like a back ground pain of pins and needles shooting and stabbing pains and burning. however this can change sometimes more regularly than other times, coming in waves, of severe crushing like beeing slammed in a car door and left there, hunching me into a ball, pulling my head onto one side or my chin on my chest . I have bad days and good days depending on how much sleep ive had, how stressed i am if i had too much to drink etc. Sound familiar???
On a positive point, im improving all the time, gaining muscle function at my shoulder. It started about 8 Months after surgery with a tiny sideways movement from my arm, that had really dropped down from the socket by now. So i keep up with physio and plenty of stretching, my arm is slowly being pulled back into place and gaining movement and strength all the time.
I recomend going to the local Spa suite for a sauna and Jacuzzi, and the Aromatheripy sounds like the biz
too. Speedy Recovery All!!!!
Chris Mitch....
All or Nothing!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Rob,

May I ask how old you are? My son is two months post surgery with very similar injury. No improvement yet. We are also from NY. Long Island to be exact. My son had his surgery in New Orleans with Dr. Kline.

Regards,
Maureen
david wilson

Post by david wilson »

hey mitch
thanks for the impute. i have a long way to go but it's nice to have hope. am really looking forward to having that shoulder back where it belongs. i feel it is the root of alot of my pain as it intesifies with staying vertical, walking or most any thing "normal" before my accident. you keep on healing, can't wait to get there myself. i don't know about the aromatheropy but i still have the stinky cat.
red
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hey Rob hang in thair. What part of NY? Middletown orange county for me ...Paul
highlander_1406

Post by highlander_1406 »

hey Paul i am getting the names of most of the oils that are good for nerves next thursday and i will post them all on here for you and everyone else

Kevin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey Paul thanks for posting thus race results. I saw your acedent on ESPN 2 IN 99. BOB
lucid_707

Post by lucid_707 »

hey im kinda new at this is this like a chatroom for people with bpi
highlander_1406

Post by highlander_1406 »

hey lucid yip this is like a chat room we all come here to discuss all sorts of things about BPI's anything from how to tie lacers to the pain that we experience
Paul

Post by Paul »

tie lace's ??????????? no no no I never lerned 4 years now I just bought shoes or sneake's with velcrow and now the populer shoes that pull on and boots from LL Beam and other supplyers. I bought like 8 pair. Paul
Rob25

Post by Rob25 »

Paul, I'm from long island in NY.