To all the mothers

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Sophie's Mom

Re: To all the mothers

Post by Sophie's Mom »

Nancy,
Thank you for such a touching message. I too wish I could thank your Mom - we've learned a lot from her, too!

Take care,
Tina
Angela Butterfly

Re: To all the mothers

Post by Angela Butterfly »

Dear Nancy,
Bless you, Bless your mom. Thank you.

I'm back for the summer. Four days ago, I moved my oldest, age 23, back home from college (and her newer computer comes with), so she can work at her usual place for the summer.

As an "older mom" my youngest born LOBPI, is now age 20. There were times she hated all the therapy, and along with it she didn't like me too much either. Not to mention those teenage years. Those years had nothing to do with her LOBPI, she just hated me, and sometimes I didn't like her too much either. Jill now lives 6 blocks away, on the same street, and when possible I make lunch for us 1X a week for our standing luncheon date.

Well, guess who planned and spent an extremely lovely day together, just the two of us --Yep, that 20 year old LOBPI daughter of mine, Jill. She planned dinner out at a local buffet. She had earlier made special note that I had mentioned I wanted to see the movie Freaky Friday, and suggested we rent it, and we did. It made my heart happy. Oh, I also got a pretty hanging basket of flowers.

Didn't hear from my 21 year old, Although I had called her the end of April. Some things you just have to let go.

So mom's, hang in there. It really gets rough sometimes. I often thought back to my own mother, and my teenage years to get through it with my own. I often times looked up to the heavens and said "OK mom paybacks are ____. I bet you are smiling now." She died when my oldest of 3 was only 3 weeks old. SAD.

In 1997 I wrote about Motherhood,for my own college paper, and the instructor said He thought it was better than anything he had read in the magazines. It was titled "A Celebration of Life, Death, and Motherhood". My mother also had her 3rd child injured at birth (not the same injury).

Forgive yourself, I find that so hard to do. And Nancy, I think your mom knows you have been thanking her by what you are doing with UPBN. She knows.