philadelphia, PA

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Joy in FL

Re: philadelphia, PA

Post by Joy in FL »

I saw Dr. Hunter at Thomas Jefferson Hand Center. While his bed side manner can be difficult at times I was pleased with my over all experence with him.

I don't know if things have changed any but if they have not plan on spending the day. There use to be a 5 to 10 hour wait to be seen by the doctors. That is 5 to 10 hours from your appointment time. I have left his office at 2 in the morning before! Toward the end we would get a hotel room (we had a 2 hour drive to get to Philly) check in at the Hand Center then go shop or go back to our room. Then you call every few hours to see how long before you will be seen.

I had a total of three surgeries preformed by the doctors at the Hand Center. You need to remember that they are a teaching facility. So you may see more than one doctor.

If you have any questions let me know. I will try and answer them for you.
Joy in FL is now living in Georgia!
Left TBI on October 31, 1991
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi! My husband has brachial plexopathy and rsd, with daily pain for 3 years. I am looking for a good doctor or surgeon in the philadelphia area to give him some better treatment and get some pain relief. Thanks, kim, reading, pa
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi! My husband has brachial plexopathy and rsd, with daily pain for 3 years. I am looking for a good doctor or surgeon in the philadelphia area to give him some better treatment and get some pain relief. Thanks, kim, reading, pa
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Baltimore is not far from you and Dr. Belzberg is the man you are looking for in your area. He deals with the pain aspect of it too! His number is 410-955-5810. Also maybe try calling this doctor, Scott M. Fried 610-277-1990 He is is Bluebell, PA. Maybe Dr. Eric L. Zager in Phillly at the University 215-662-3497. Good luck!

Courtney
babyryd

Post by babyryd »

I agree...if you're anywhere near the Baltimore area, Dr. Allan Belzburg is the best. He's one of the top neurosurgeons in the world - known for his work with BPIs and pain management. We traveled all the way from California to have surgery with him. He not only is extremely knowledgeable, he's kind and very down to earth. Good luck!
Lourdes