21 and new to knowing others with Erb's Palsy

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
sdancan
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: i was born July 21, 1990. I weighed 10lbs 11oz... my mom was supposed to have a cesarean because of my size, but for some reason i havent really asked the scheduling didnt happen and when time of delivery i was born breach in the hands of a mid-wife, in beautiful San Diego Ca. i was taken from my mom right away she didnt get to see me until an hour after i was born. when i did come back into the room my right arm was wrapped up and said to have tested with needle through it. i have Erb's Palsy, many wouldnt know it because with the love and faith of my parent, and some patients where determined to gain something back in my arm. the doctors told my parents i would never be able to move it and that it wouldnt grow to its adult size. ive proved them wrong! i dont see it as a disability because i can do anything someone else can just differently. im 21 now and wanting to know more about my arm and finding that there is plenty more people like me......

Re: 21 and new to knowing others with Erb's Palsy

Post by sdancan »

aww y thank you... i really want to is it to late to register because i did look into it but the payment dates have passed or some of them have so im not sure if i still can?
Have a Wonderful Day!!! :)
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

No, it's not to late to Register...check the Camp Link on the homepage or email Claudia Stobing, Camp coordinator.
Carolyn J
LOBPI/73
Elizabeth Beaulieu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right Brachial Plexus birth injury

Post by Elizabeth Beaulieu »

Hi! I'm 18 years old and I also have a right BPI... It's funny reading all of your comments because I do similar things and it's awesome to hear that someone else does things "differently". I grew up in such a small town and of course im the only one with this injury so when I hear about other people with this its great, well not great, but you know what i mean hah. I'm not the only one... I never really thought about the whole pledge of alligence thing because i would always put my left hand on my heart. hahah i loved being able to skip the push ups in gym class.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I hope you girls come here more often! I hope to see you at Camp too!
Carolyn J
LOBPI/73+++ 8-)