KATH M... REPORT

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Cori

Re: KATH M... REPORT

Post by Cori »

Wow Kath,
I am so glad I got on the boards when I did. Now I can include you in my prayers! Mind your daughter, okay?
Cori
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Thanks all and hi Cori

I can't believe the how different I feel. I honestly feel very good with renewed energy. I really did not realize how fatigued and sick I was until a few days after the stent was put in.

I still have the long blockage on the left side but we think that will work with medication.

It is strange to me that everything happens on my right side. Even the 90% blockage... can't blame that on obpi but there is a certain irony about it.

Thanks for the prayers they help a great deal

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Kath,
How are you doing now? I hope you are much better.

Joanie
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Thanks Joanie for the good wishes.

I feel so much better it is unbelievable. I really did not realize how fatigued and exhausted I felt. I felt good within a day or two and so much better than I had for over a year. Now I know why I had some of the pain in my unaffected arm and chest. It's amazing how much more energy I have and how I did not realize how bad I felt...

Women are so bad when it comes to paying attention to their aches and pains. I'm lucky I have a cardiologist who pays attention to details. He knew I could not describe my pains due to obpi and then proceeded with necessary testing. Doctors need to be more aggressive when it comes to testing women for heart disease.

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi