Pennsylvania Picnic Planned - we need your input asap

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: Pennsylvania Picnic Planned - we need your input asap

Post by admin »

I would say Philly would be better for me. I live in Montoursville, PA. And I am looking forward to going to one of these sooooooo bad!!! So I'd probably drive to NJ too since it's not much farther.
Please let me know, if possible. I want to meet others like me, I've never done it yet.

thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am really interested in going. I have been to the Philly Zoo and its a wonderful place. I have heard that the Aquarium is not in such a great neighborhood. But I've never been there. My hubby is a police officer and that his opinion. Besides, I think the Zoo has a lot more to offer the children.
francine

Post by francine »

An update on this is that TCH is giving us an October date so we will probably be going with an indoor situation because of weather not cooperating. It seems to rain on weekends in October here.

What we are throwing around now is a community center in Plymouth Meeting- it's right off the PA turnpike and has two hotels right there so it's very convenient.

They have two indoor heated pools (one is a fun beach-like pool with water slides, etc. the other one is a more serious lap pool with a deep end) , gymnasium (basketball court), and many rooms for gathering / lunch / speakers, etc.

We're also trying to get the governor to join us and present us with our proclamation for Awareness Week at the same time so that should be fun (if he agrees to it).

We'll post once final plans are set.

Thanks for your input.
-francine