Muscle Transfer Info. needed!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
trimommy

Re: Muscle Transfer Info. needed!

Post by trimommy »

Hi Mike,
sorry to hear about your accident. this site has served me well and meeting people here has changed my life. i was in the pool and swimming first (once my other injuries healed enough to allow it) . i started swimming little bits at a time with one arm. at first, 10 laps, then 20, then a mile. (i finished up this season doing a 2.75 mile river swim with i arm). running took the longest because i couldnt find a sling. and then God bless Dan (and i cant stress that enough)who came up with the sling. (we need a name for the sling dan..anyone? maybe we should start a sling naming contest!). being able to stay active has literally saved my life. i cant tell you how important it is. of course we all have our down days, but triathlon has made it possible for me to get through mine. and with 3 very small boys, it is important that i be in the best place i can.

i am recovering from surgery so im out for a while. if you want, feel free to email me and we can chat. please make sure dan makes a sling for you. you will be amazed at how snuggly it holds your arm. nothing like it.

good luck!
Robin

P.S...dan and i talked about starting a tri-team. we could really make a difference and help raise awareness. as you know, so many people get the wrong diagnosis, or end up in the wrong place. proper treatment in a timely manner is so key to getting maximum recovery.
joy donohoe

Re: Muscle Transfer Info. needed!

Post by joy donohoe »

hi there i think this message was meant for mike
joy