OT - Chicago & surrounding areas

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Angela Butterfly

Re: OT - Chicago & surrounding areas

Post by Angela Butterfly »

Jennifer,
I just don't know what to say. I am so full of emotion. You are such a good person.....Why do bad things happen to GOOD people? Life certainly isn't fair.

I will pray for you, as you asked. Love & Care
Angela.....Jill's mom.
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Jennifer,

I'm so sorry to read your sad news. I wish that I had some words of comfort for you. I will certainly pray for you.

Joanie
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Jennifer,

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Know that you and your family have lots of friends who are keeping you in their thoughts.

Hugs, Karen
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

This is an old post I know but was wondering if anybody has any word on Jennifer, her and her family have been in my thoughts and prayers and lately I cannot keep her off my mind. An Update would be appreciated if anyone has heard from her.
Gayle mom to Brandon
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Sorry-(-non-Bpi)---BUT I have been trying to reach you, Gayle from Zion Il. My emails keep coming back. Please email me.

HUgs,
Carolyn J :)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Thank you so much Traci.

That is so good to hear. It would be great to do a get together after the first of the year. I think that would be fun.

GAYLE
Tanner's Mom

Post by Tanner's Mom »

Hoping to connect with families in Chicago or surrounding areas, I came across this old post. Many folks know Jennifer and the wonderful work she did. I haven't had the honor of meeting her, but am thankful for all her efforts. In the past I have asked around and tried to find out how she was doing and if any prayers for a miracle were answered. Does anyone have any contact with Jennifer or her family?

It deeply saddens me when bpi moms are hit with extra hardships and battles. I think dealing with bpis is enough. I know a few other bpi moms who have battled cancer and the part that really hits me is how they all share this "preventable" birth injury was harder to deal with than their own cancer. Isn't that telling of a moms heart and the pain brought by this unnecessary injury?

I hope and pray Jennifer was able to beat this cancer, despite the odds.

Lisa
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Lisa,
The last I heard she was doing okay.....but that was in November, I know the group has not been too active and the website is pretty out od date. I have tried to e-mail her but get response. I too pray that the odds were beat, it is sa tough fight, but I know if anyone has the will to fight it, it would be Jennifer, hoping someone will give us good news .
GAYLE
Paula

Post by Paula »

Havent been on in a long time and i just found this. It really breaks my heart as I just lost my dad to cancer as well. He passed one week after fathers day and because my mother was in town that weekend (they are divorced) i did not call him to tell him happy fathers day.