Lyrica vs. Neurontin

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Re: Lyrica vs. Neurontin

Post by marieke »

The neurontin tends to have more side effects than the lyrica. I was always very tired and headach-y on neurontin. Dizzy too, but I have real low blood pressure and orthostatic hypotension that was NOT helped by the neurontin in any case. These side effects did not go away in the 3+ years I too neuronitn. I have less problems on the Lyrica now.
Marieke (31, LOBPI)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
dennystocks

Re: Lyrica vs. Neurontin

Post by dennystocks »

I am on lyrica now and also been on nerotin I like the lyrica better and I am still a very active person. I take it 150x3 my insurance maxed out over 6 months ago and I pay out of pocket. My pharmacist chaged me from taking two 75x3 and gave me 150mg tablets and saved me close to 250+dolars that way. For 90 tabs at 150mg it cost me 170$. I feel this is a worth it. the va said they could give me the neurtin for free,but it has weight gain memory loss and almost makes me sleepy all day. Thats why I chose lyrica its worth it.