A jury verdict in NY!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Matt's Dad

Re: A jury verdict in NY!

Post by Matt's Dad »

I believe I was just talking to the parents of the child at this weekend's BPI Picnic in PA.
Her father was telling me about their case. Apparently, the defendant didn't stand a chance as the facts of the case were clearly on the plantiff's side.
MichelleBrockwell

Post by MichelleBrockwell »

This is wonderful news to read! Regardless of the outcome, this child was acknowledged & given justice! Thank you Rich for posting this story.
J'S MOM

Post by J'S MOM »

I am curious, did the plantiff have a birth video? We are about to start the process but, we have the doc on tape. It clearly shows her pulling on our son's head. I feel no money amount is worth what our poor child will & has gone though. I have a feeling no jury will want to view this birth or they would award the most possible. I can not even watch it, I have only viewed it three times, each time I almost have a breakdown. To watch the doctor pulling on my son's head is the worst feeling that I cannot even put into words & I wish I could travel back in time to stop her.
skoop

Post by skoop »

Congratulations. It is a lot to go through mentally and emotionally. We too had a similar situation, however my daughters neck was fractured at C6-C7 in addition to nerve damage. We live in Michigan where they now have cap limits on insurance coverage. Our case was settled out of court after 5 years of pursuing legal action. Our judge told us that he has never had a case tried and awarded more than 500,000.00 and he wasn't going to start now. Nice eh? Don't forget that they will adjust to present day value too.