Dr. Grossman

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dr. Grossman

Post by admin »

Dr. Kozin at Shriners is wonderful! Shriners, Dr. Kozin and his entire team are top notch in efficiency and experience not only while at the hospital but even afterwards. Communication is very important. Good luck!
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

Try contacting Dr. Sanjiv Bhatia at Miami Children's also. He did Javier's primary surgery over 8 months ago. I don't know what I would have done with out him. He was a "life saver" for then 10 month old Javier. He is not as well known in the BPI community as other doctors, but is a high ranked nuero-surgeon. You can look him up on
http://www.mch.com

MArlyn
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks so much much for your responses they have helped me soooooooooo much!
J'S MOM

Post by J'S MOM »

I HAVE HEARD THAT HE WORKS FOR 2-3 MILLON A YEAR & OTHER DOCS MAKE 200 THOUSOND SOMETIMES SURGERY IS A BUSINESS IF NEEDED OK !!!!!!!!!!! BUT, BE AWARE OF HOW MUCH THESE DOCS ARE MAKING & WHAT IS REALLY A NEED OR PAYCHECK? SOME LIKE THE SHRINERS MAKE LESS & CARE.
GUT FEELINGS ARE BEST. WE WOULD LIKE TO GET AN APP. WITH HIM. JUST FOR MY SON, I HAVE HEARD OF HIM A LOT& I HAVE BEEN AROUND THE US FOR OPINIONS. GOOD LUCK
kd's daddy

Post by kd's daddy »

J's Mom ,

I am not sure where you get the salary figures from. However I believe all these BPI Docs make more than 200,000 a yr.

And I dont feel it matters how much they charge. They have a right to charge whatever. Do not base your opinions on their salaries. You should base it on your gut feelings and which one you believe in.
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Kddaddy,
I agree with you... I know my son's doctor makes a ton and deserves evey last penny of what he makes.....but the last poster said that some docs make 2-3 million a year and come make $200,000 a surgery which would make their yearly income much higher. I still love my doc !
Gayle
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Sorry, it is still too early for me....I meant some not COME ~!!!! Wake up Gayle !
JoKats68

Post by JoKats68 »

Amber,
I completely agree with your post. Nick had his surgery done by Dr. Grossman. He is an outstanding surgeon, but terrible people person. If you can get past his nutty secretary and him being a bit impersonable than you'll do ok. Lorna is great and Dr. Grossman is a great surgeon.
Jo
skoop

Post by skoop »

We have been with Drs. Price, Grossman and Abbott for 10 years. Drs. Price and Grossman have done 4 of the 5 surgeries. Dr. Price has an excellent bedside manner and is a very compassionate man who takes the time to explain things, answer quesitons and is very accessible. Dr. Grossman moved to FL several years ago, so it was somewhat rushed when we would see him in NY for clinic visits. I found it helpful to have my questions ready, and tactfully remind him that he is billing me for an hour, so I expected more than a 10 minute visit. He is a brilliant surgeon, but don't be afraid to slow him down to discuss your concerns and have your quesitons answered. Lorna is a Godsend and Millie does a pretty good job of keeping things organized, but always confirm your appointments. We live in Michigan and travel to NY for surgeries. I'd be happy to talk/email you. s.koop@sbcglobal.net
Suzanne
muzik2407

Post by muzik2407 »

My daughter was seen by Dr. G in 2001. He was the only doctor that we saw and knew that we didn't need to search any further. I wouldnt change him nor Lorna nor their staff. We have been to both their FLA & NY office. We have had problems with our insurance and their office handled it and we went to their recent picnic to meet other parents. Our daughter is doing wonderfully with only one surgery. She is now 4 1/2 yrs old. Dr. G is amazing. Please check out the medical resources available on this website and read what you can on the message board. My other advice is to do what you think think is best for your child and stay with the practice that makes you feel the most comfortable. If you do come to miami and have no one to stay with, make sure to book the miami hospital furnished apartments (very close & reasonably priced)