Frustration!!!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
dmom

Re: Frustration!!!

Post by dmom »

Michelle,

These lawyers may be balking because you're so early in the game, and they can't yet see the lasting impact of your daughter's BPI. That's a guess. Keep in mind that the statute of limitations (depending on your state) will give you two years to file. And your child can sue on her own behalf until she is into her teens. A lot can happen in a year, and you'll still have time to put together a case. Check on what the situation is where you live.

It also could be that you've happened upon some lawyers who will only take med-mal cases that yield them million-dollar results. But there really are lawyers who will take your case even if it isn't in the millions range. It's a matter of finding the right firm and attorney. It is definitely true that lawyers have to make money to assume the risk of a med-mal case, but it is not true that every lawyer turns it into an obscene greed-fest. You might want to try a medium-sized firm that has the capital muscle to try a case, but doesn't have the sleazy greed of the big boys.

I wish you great luck and great persistence.

Janet
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kate, Hi...
I like your idea about reporting the doctor to the state licensing board. I dont know why I havent thought of it, and I feel kinda stupid. lol I was wondering, since you sound knowledgable. Megan is almost 10. Is it too late? We tryed to sue and after 2 years, the lawyer told us there wasnt enough evidence......I quess that shocked me so bad I havent tryed to do anything else. But, I still feel the same way. I know what happened, this was preventable. The medical records are inaccurate, which pisses me off. And Megan has had three surgeries, with not very much improvement. I guess when I read these posts I get all fired up, it seems like it was yesterday! Whoops! Getting on my soap box lol, I really would like to know more about the state medical boards. Has anyone else done this?????????(reported the doc) Thanks, Sandi
Makai's Mom

Post by Makai's Mom »

Hi Michelle, it's me Makai's Mom. I feel and hear your frustration. I thinks it goes along with fighting for what you feel is right and making the right people be held accountable for their wrong doings. Just last week I felt clueless about our situation and everytime I came to this board I walked away with something new that I learned and some real ammunition to fight, if need be. To me... Makai is my everything... my world.... With this injury and my new found knowledge...the world has stopped in a sense, and I WON'T let anybody push me, lie to me, blow me off, or string me along anymore!!! I mean it!!! I'm ready to fight whoever, whenever for Makai. I finally woke up from the haze of shock. Oh yeah, someone WILL be held accountable for this sh!@#t, trust me on that!

Keep your head up Michelle, because no one else is going to fight for your baby the way YOU would. She didn't ask for this to happen. Now it's time to make what was done wrong....RIGHT!! Keep your fight on... Be tough.... and don't let ANYBODY bullsh!@#$t you.

Guess what happened to me today?? I got the hospital medical records and that bast!@#rd lied in the paperwork. One more reason to fight and hold people accountable. Michelle, go as many rounds as you have to. Your in the ring now.... the bell has rung....you don't have a choice other than to fight. Ashlee is worth it.