potty training help (non-bpi)

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
tcon

Re: potty training help (non-bpi)

Post by tcon »

thanks for your advice....today was a better day. She only had 1 accident this morning and then held it in until I put her pull-up on for nap. I then moved her potty seat into the family room and she has been using it as a chair all afternoon. Around 6pm she went #1 on the potty so we are making progress!! We also went to walmart and got sickers for her sticker board.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

glad to hear it and good luck! don't get frustrated or think it was so simple if she had a bad or good day. it will happen. the first week was the hardest for me.

christine
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Also, I'd recommend just doing underwear and getting rid of the pull-ups except for nighttime. It can get confusing if you put a pull-up on to run to the store as a just in case you have an accident kind of thing. I bought triple underwear by Gerber. The center portion of the underwear is triple thick so if my daughter started to have an accident, it didn't soak all the way through, but she definitely knew it felt wet. It's also real underwear, so there's no confusion. It definitely helped us out.

Tanya in NY
(Amber's mom, ROBPI, 2 1/2 years)
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old