Can't get birth records!!!!

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
rachelcasa

Re: Can't get birth records!!!!

Post by rachelcasa »

Welcome Tracy and sorry I am posting so late. I too tried to get my birth records and they told me that I couldn't get them. They apparantly destroy them after a certain amount of time. I am 33 years old and ended up having the mod quad done about 2 years ago. It had helped me out tremendously although with over doing it I still endure pain. I am glad you found these boards and you will meet the most wonderful people here to help you out. Like Kath said, do not give up. I was up to my ears fed up with the doctors here and kept pursuing it myself, eventually I found the right connections to help me out. I also know what you mean about digging up old bones with your mom. It is hard on both the individual and the parent, however, it is something you both endured together and if you stay strong you too can achieve what you are looking for.
Are you going to attend camp in Maryland? It would be a great experience for you to meet others with the same injury. I am going and cannot wait to meet everyone! Keep up the good work.
mickey

Re: Can't get birth records!!!!

Post by mickey »

Great information. The hospital I was born in in 1965 also closed. B ut after reading the posting I have hope than i can get them. Thanks everyone!