chiropractic and Erb's Palsy

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
anon for legal

Re: chiropractic and Erb's Palsy

Post by anon for legal »

Is there anyone in the St louis, MO area that is seeing a chiro? Are the Chiro's you guys are seeing, pediatric? Whole family?

Please keep feeding Info, there are a lot of us that are hungry, LOL
momgg1

Post by momgg1 »

We live in KCMO. I starting taking my daughter Grace last May. (She has a right brachial plexus injury which is moderate severe) She was 2 1/2 @ the time. She had struggled with asthma and respiratory issues since the age of 6 months. She had been tested for cystic fibrosis, allergies, upper gi, and seen the pulmonogist twice. We were told everything from she could be a kid with a chronic cough to the "wait and see." She had the deep seal cough every night.

The first night the cough stopped. She has been blessed with outstanding health since we saw the chiropractor. He uses accupuncture and minor adjustments.

As for helping her arm, I have seen more over head use. She still has a significant contracture of her bicep even w/ laser therapy and accupuncture.

She had the "mod quad" surgery last week address scar tissue, and overhead reach. The surgeon said the chiropractor has to stay away from her neck and shoulders.

My experience, it has helped immensely with whole body health. We were referred to this whole body practitioner by a nurse. Be very careful in choosing a practitioner as you are with any doctors.

Please post any information anyone has to specific treatments that helped the Erb's palsy, waiter's arm, etc. I am very interested...Best of luck.
emmetts mom

Post by emmetts mom »

I was told by the chiropracter that I wanted to take my son to that he did not believe it would help him.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is an excellent book called "Inside Chiropractic" by Samuel Homola, DC ISBN 1-57392-698-1

It's a consumer guide to all the different types. Very intersting reading.
Stacy

Post by Stacy »

Our situation is somewhat unique in that my ROBPI daughter's father is a chiropractor/acupuncturist. He has adjusted Natalie from the beginning. Her injury involved a rupture and an avulsion, and she has undergone six surgeries. We've been extremetly careful during her recovery periods and have adapted her treatments for the different issues that have arisen over the past several years. I would be very surprised if you could find a DC who specializes in BPI, but pediatric DC's are not uncommon. I strongly believe that the most important thing is that you have someone who is really tuned in to you and your child and with whom your child is comfortable. They should also be willing to be part of a team effort and respect the other docs/therapists involved in your child's care. I don't know that one technique is more beneficial than another--it's really a matter of the practicioner's expertise and sensitivity to what's going on inside your child.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bumping this up for the chiropractic discussion.