rotational osteotomy

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
NancyP

Re: rotational osteotomy

Post by NancyP »

There's a link on injurednewborn.com about Kelsey's Gracilis transfer. It was a HUGE surgery. She was in TCH for 8 days. They transfered the Gracilis muscle from her left leg and put it in her forearm for hand function.
Argentina
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son Franco (now 17) suffers from left OBPI. He has undergone 3 operations already and though his recovery has been quite good, the injury still shows itself.
I have a support group in my country called Paralisis Braquial Obstetrica -PBO Argentina. You can find us in Facebook.
At the moment I´m really working hard to pass a law to guarantee parents are informed of this injury when the babies are born. Unfortunately in my country we are not informed about these injuries.

Re: rotational osteotomy

Post by Argentina »

Hi! My son Franco has OBPI on his left arm too and he underwent 4 years ago the same surgery you´ve been advised now. The results have been good and he feels much more comfortable now. I live in Argentina and follow up here is quite difficult but you have the great chance of living in a country with many doctors dealing with OBPI so I guess you child´s recovery will be even better.
Good luck!