Been to Trial and Won?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
BIGJAVSMOM

Re: Been to Trial and Won?

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

Christine- yes Javier was born and injured in VA, we just moved back to NJ about a month ago. I checked with the lawyer first and made sure moving wouldn't hinder our case and he said it is fine to move. Maybe even easier for getting out of state depos done. Anyway- I think that alot of malpractice lawyers can pratice law in whatever and however many states they are liscenced in. For example, our attorney is liscenced in VA, LA and somewhere else. Mind is blank.

Marlyn
CW1992

Post by CW1992 »

I just wanted to add that we moved when Brittney was 3 months old - she was born in NJ and we had to fly there for our depos and all and the doctors visits they require from both sides to prove our case.... She was almost 6 by that time. We showed her the hospital that she was born at. That was strange to be back there.. Our laywer called very often - so did the people that worked for him - and it was a long process - but - BUT - after years we got that phone call and we settled - surely one of the toughest phone calls that I'll never forget.... Our settlement was not near what the previous poster posted - GEES!!!!!! I am so happy for you! Brittney was born in East Brunswick NJ, and I had a doctor in North Brunswick who delivered her. I am so happy to hear about those that do well!!!:) -
Christy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bump
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bump
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

For those who won or settled what state do you live in?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Guest,
Can you please share a little more about why you would like this information and I would be happy to share.
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just curious about the success rates in different parts of the country. More successful lawsuits in the east or west, north or south? Just curious.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

sorry, my husband just had brain surgery so I have been off of the boards. I live in Va Beach and my lawyer was with the firm Shuttleworth Ruloff Giordano and Swain - Lisa O'Donnell and Tom Shuttleworth represented us at trial.
SpeelmanC

Post by SpeelmanC »

I do not know what happened to my other posts, maybe I wasnt logged in correctly, anyways...my husband has had brain surgery so I have been off of these boards for a bit...my lawyer was Lisa O'Donnell with Shuttleworth Ruloff Giordano and Swain. Tom Shuttleworth also helped our lawyer in court. Great Lawyer, very friendly and VERY smart on Brachial Plexus Injuries...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We just completed a 3 yr battle that ended up in trial that lasted for a week. We lost! The devasting part was to see the Dr get up there and lie and then have another Dr get up there in her defense and blame me for the injuries to my child. Stating that my contractions were the cause of my son's injuries. Our trial ended with a hung jury -- which to me is unbelievable! I am very frustrated to say the least. I put this all in God's hands and the postive perspective on all this is that I am very blessed to have such a "Special" little boy!!!!!