newspaper

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
alaskanmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Mom of daughter with complete right brachial plexus avulsion from a sledding accident

newspaper

Post by alaskanmom »

My daughter made the front page of our local newspaper. If anybody is interested in reading it. They did a nice job, I was kind of surprised. go to
www.alaskastar.com and click on Caralyn Cox, they have a couple of pictures and everything.
Rene
Tim Birk

Re: newspaper

Post by Tim Birk »

Hi Rene,

Thank you so much for sharing this newspaper article. It made me cry to see how far Caralyn has come, it is so wonderful.

I can't wait to meet you both next month.

Hugs, Karen

Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Hi Rene
I am looking forward to meeting you both in D.C.
You must be so proud of all your daughter has accomplished in such a short time.
Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Tim Birk

Post by Tim Birk »

Hi Rene,

That was a very nice article, but it didn't make me cry - that was Karen. Our home has been invaded by people working on final preparations for camp. Karen was using my computer and didn't realize that I was logged in.

I'm looking forward to seeing you at camp as well.

Tim
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

Now that's how an article should be written. Great for
Caralyn cracking that egg with her left hand. I am left handed and I can't even do that. I wish her the best recovery and a great freshman year.

Marlyn
p.s I sent an email of appreciation to the newspaper.
EllenB

Post by EllenB »

Rene,

What an inspiring article! Caralyn's determination will stand her in good stead over the next couple years of physical therapy as she builds movement & strength. I can tell she's one of those kids who will find a way to do whatever she sets her mind to.

I'm so glad you went to Mayo! (John will probably go back for a checkup in March - let me know if you might be there at the same time.)

Take care,

Ellen
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Oh, come on Tim! I'm sure there is a tear or two in there...

I look forward to meeting you, as well!

Peggy
alaskanmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Mom of daughter with complete right brachial plexus avulsion from a sledding accident

Post by alaskanmom »

Thank you, We are so proud of her. I was so worried about what the article was going to say,but she did a really nice job, with the exception of a few items. We are really looking forward to meeting everyone at camp.
Judy-T
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm OBPI One surgery at age 40 Ulnar nerve retransposition

Post by Judy-T »

That was a nice article. Can't wait to see y'all at camp!