ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Mindy

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by Mindy »

I am interested in the sling too. So email with info. Its nice to have you here.
Mindy
DebilynPiper

Re: number crunching

Post by DebilynPiper »

Jenny, you can up the "tree attack" count to 2. Don't forget Jeff. Debilyn
DebilynPiper

Post by DebilynPiper »

I know I'm a little late with this one but what the heck. My husband Jeff has a RTBPI due to a tree falling on him. Total avulsions since Oct. 01. We are from Ligonier, Pennsylvania. Debilyn
hazell

Post by hazell »

1 moped to add to your statistics jenny. been away for a while not lurking just away, with the fairies probably!! hi everyone missed you all & good to be back around hope your all well. god theres so many of us its scary. ohhh left bpi 13 years ago.

bye crazy uk
athos

Post by athos »

So George, I thought u were the only one who had a tree fall on him. But u are not. I mean what are the odds of 2 people having a tree fall on them and sustaining a BPI? Must be pretty low I'd say.
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

hi haze nice to see you back :0) you'll have to go in with the motorbikes stats luv, i did the number crunching on the back of an envelope and it's not big enuf any more so i'll do it again in a while....i'm pretty sure there are a few more out there who haven't posted yet....2 tree attacks wow, no wonder they call those trees widow makers.....give it a while and some looney politician will want to ban trees....and cows and taxis and motorbikes....did u know a politician once suggested they paint all the wild ponies in the New Forest with luminous paint to avoid accidents? As any cyclist knows, by the time a cars close enuf to light up yer luminous bits, it's probly gonna hit you anyway...i reckon it just gives em summat to aim at :0)
Paolo

Post by Paolo »

Hi, I am Paolo Beretta, 33, Milan, Italy
Left TBPI motorcycle accident Feb 2000.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you tell me more about the oparation which Dr. had done it
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

you need do everything you can to have an opartion
George

Post by George »

yea Athos.....I would think it would be low too. Actually, I think there are at least two others, besides Jeff and I who are tree attack victims, but I havn't heard from them in quite a while. Vicious trees.........who would have thought.....

Guess where I'm looking when I'm in the woods now ?????