new pain drug

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

new pain drug

Post by cbe411 »

Found this link of the TBPI UK boards (Thanks Karl) and deffo wanted to share here... it does sound VERY promising for us!!! CHeck it out.. http://www.immunesupport.com/library/sh ... /CFIDS_FM/

COurt :)
herff94

Re: new pain drug

Post by herff94 »

Wow! Anyone out there try this yet?
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Someone in the TBPI Group over here (U.K.) was taking this last year for the TBPI pain, but I haven't heard from him for a while...I'll email him and ask how he's getting on with it.

Liz
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Thanks Liz.... I have emailed Dr. Belzberg about it as well. Hopefully we can come up with something!!! I might be up for trying this if it will work!

cbe411

Post by cbe411 »

This is the information that Dr. B shared with me via email.....

"This is the trade name for the drug pregabalin. This is similar to neurontin (gabapentin), our main drug for neuropathic pain. It is not clear if the pregabalin will be any better but it can be delivered in a few alternative routes including IV.
We still need to gain more experience with the pregabalin to see if we will switch to it as a main drug for neuropathic pain."

I will be interested to talk to him more about this at camp in a few weeks...

tommy

Post by tommy »

I have been taking Lyrica 3x200mg for about 9 months now, instead of neurontin 4x300mg which I took for 2-3 years before. I'd say overall that my pain has been less during this period. I'd encourage anyone to try it but not to expect a miracle cure, I still get those (very) bad days. I also take Dihydrocodeine 6 or 8x30mg depending on how much the old war wound is burning. I've been on that for about 10 years. 24 years post accident now.
Cheers
Tommy
stx431

Post by stx431 »

Hey all, Carrie saw her pain management doctor today. He changed up things a quite a bit. Start methadone 10mg twice daily. Start Lyrica twice daily, continue Neurontin, but at smaller doses. What he's doing is ramping her down on Neurontin 800-600-300-100mg and ramping up Lyrica 50mg-100mg over a few weeks. With the methadone controlling pain spikes thus discontinuing both Actiq (fentanyl) suckers and vicodin as needed. He thought highly of the results he's seen with the lyrica, so we're hopefull. I'll let you know how she does. Please give us some more feedback from peeps who have used methadone, and those who have used lyrica.

till next time, Dick
admin
Site Admin

online directory main

Post by admin »

hello! http://www.dirare.com/Sweden/ online directory. SMART Yellow Pages, About DIRare, Search in Business Category. From online directory .
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

online directory main
Brandon_3

Post by Brandon_3 »

Hey yall Ihave been using 60 mg methadone in the morning abd 30 mg before bed with no other pain drugs and I am striaght on a rare day I take some oxycodone only because I have it. Methadone has been great to me,
Brabbitt
Hey everybody I love you