Been to Trial and Won?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
PeggyF

Re: Been to Trial and Won?

Post by PeggyF »

Claudia,
I like hearing the success stories! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Peggy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bump
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

I love hearing the success stories too!
However, I get very sad when I hear that people loose it really upsets me that people can get away without being held accountable.

No amount of money could ever replace the loss of function and frustration this injury brings with it.
Both parents and children suffer because it is a Family injury.

I just wish the settlements included some sort of court ordered re-education or community service to bpi community for the doctors.
Instead of just money, not that the money is not necessary for lifetime medical care because it is...

I wish that the medical profession would police itself and take action against those who have injured numerous children...
I don't believe that doctors injure children on purpose.
But, if they fail to practice competent care and do not seek education to prevent this from happening again,
I think they are guilty of gross negligence.
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

agreed, Kath.

They should remember their oath..."First do no harm"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bump
SpeelmanC

Post by SpeelmanC »

went to a jury trial...won 3.5 million which was immediately reduced to 1 million because of med mal cap in the state of virginia of 1 million. we eventually settled for a little less so they would not appeal.
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

Doesn't the cap suck!!! I guess it truly doesn't matter because no amount is ever enough for this injury.

Speelman- when did you go to trial and who was your lawyer? If you don't mind me asking. I hired a VA lawyer before we moved back to NJ.

Marlyn marlyncma@hotmail.com
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

YEAH... a trial that won! I knew there was someone out there! This counts for a win for the entire community!

Thanks for posting.

Peggy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bump
Amanda's mommy

Post by Amanda's mommy »

marlyn,

i'm in NJ too! did the injury happen in VA and that is why you are hiring a VA lawyer? just curious as to how those rules work as far as moving. can you get a NJ lawyer if the injury happened in VA?

just curious,
christine