OK, the real name is TRIANGLE TILT!! Anyone????

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Logan's mom

OK, the real name is TRIANGLE TILT!! Anyone????

Post by Logan's mom »

This is the procedure Dr. Nath says Logan needs!! Can any of you parents shed some light on this?? What was the result?
THANKS!!!!!
Natalie
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Re: OK, the real name is TRIANGLE TILT!! Anyone????

Post by cbe411 »

I think that Dr. Nath should have shared some results with you or some "what to expects" Other parents can share here but everyone is different. Good luck to you guys!

COurt :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Natalie,
Have you posted this on the general board? You will get a lot more response there. I think I read that they do not do this surgery on the older population, and this being the Adult OBPI board you are not likely to get much response about this surgery. I know there are several people on the general board that could share their experience and shed some light on you questions.

Sorry I can not be of more help,
Amy 18 ROBPI from MN
Logan's mom

Post by Logan's mom »

He DID share with us what to expect, but as with any other surgery, I wanted to get some varying opinions of post op results and in general, if people were pleased with the results. This is our second surgery so I have been down this road before.
Thanks and I will post elsewhere.
Natalie
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Natalie
The reason you are not getting much of a response here is that VERY few adult/OBPI have had surgery never mind this type of surgery.

Perhaps you should read some of the threads on the General Board regarding TT surgery...

There seems to be a few older obpi who have surgery but none who post so far have reported having this particular surgery... I am note even sure if it is possible on adult/obpi... I think that would be a question for the doctor.

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Natalie.... I was NOT trying to sound rude here, I just worry that people get too much information fro other parents and then expect that same result for their child! I do not like to see this happen. I am sorry if I have offeneded you in any way!! That was NOT my intention.

COurt :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hey court isnt this board for sharing experiences and info? I realize you might not have meant to sound snotty and thats ok, but as far as the info thing thats what the board is for!!!!!!!!!