Kozin/Nerve Surgery

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Kozin/Nerve Surgery

Post by admin »

Does anyone know if Dr. Kozin does the actualy nerve surgery or if it is one of his team? I have heard great things about him, but it seems to always be in the context of muscle/tendon work.
cindyh

Re: Kozin/Nerve Surgery

Post by cindyh »

He did primary surgery for my daughter in march 2005. You can email me, if you have ?

cindyh@knology.net
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

I have read a couple of papers by Scott Kozin about nerve grafting, I believe he has also travelled to Asia to learn about newer techniques. If I can find them I'll post them here.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jenny
How long ago have he written a paper about primary surgery? Do you know? Why does he go in Asia when the best centers over seas are in Europe ( France, Germany, Austria...).
Thanks inadvance for the info