Custom Brace......Check It Out

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
motoxxxracer_34

Custom Brace......Check It Out

Post by motoxxxracer_34 »

I have a couple braces I am sure will benefit you guys if you like that borg one. One of the braces that was fully custom made out of my body cast has been through 2 different stages, in development of the third stage, tomorrow i will post pics of the first two stages and inform you on the next stage of development. Will also show you my other couple custom braces, all built in mind with supporting my lbpi arm using my right shoulder, keep weight off bad shoulder. The fancy brace also has a neck piece that is straightening my neck as i wear it. I will see you tomorrow. Friday I head to ucla to see dr eddleman about nerve stimulator
DOTTIE

Re: Custom Brace......Check It Out

Post by DOTTIE »

l would be keen to see you pictures as l am awaiting surgery to correct winging scap after a severed long thoraic nerve -so l cant use my right arm due to pain
Gianni

Post by Gianni »

How did you make out with the nerve stimulator? Gianni is going to have the trial for this device in September.

Maureen aka Gianni's mom
Nan in On

Post by Nan in On »

I too look forward to seeing your pictures.
I had a custom moulded brace made several years ago. It was a first for the Orthotist for a BPI and scpaular winging. It did the trick for a while, but was heavy, bulky, hot in summer and I ended up with 2 "frozen shoulders" after wearing it for 8 months.
It now sits in the closet ($2000) down the drain, and I live with the pain daily.
If this brace is the answer for you, I am certain that there are many who would be interested in hearing all of the details about it!
Dottie... would love to hear more of your story. Where are you located and who is performing your winged scapula surgery? Is this a decompression surgery or a tendon transfer?
Sorry for your pain. Wish you much success with this.
Nan
Nan in On

Post by Nan in On »

Oops...Dottie...guess I should have read your previous post before replying.
The answers to my questions are there.
Wishing you all the best with your surgery.
Were you able to contact James?
Please keep us updated on how you are coming along.