Rejected by lawyer

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
cindyh

Rejected by lawyer

Post by cindyh »

Not sure what to do. Do I look for another lawyer (3rd's a charm) or quit. I think if I quit, I would have to go visit the 2 drs that did this to my child and show and beg them not to do this to another child. I just don't know what to do. It's just so unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lauren (mom to Brooke)

Re: Rejected by lawyer

Post by Lauren (mom to Brooke) »

Cindy,

I know how you feel. We were rejected by our first lawyer a few weeks ago. Keep trying, you just haven't found the right one yet. Our kids DESERVE compensation for what has happened to them, don't forget that! I know our last lawyer denied us because my daughter doesn't have any ruptures or avulsions (although she does have a total plexus injury as*h*les)--they were money hungry.

I don't have many words of wisdom, as I am going through the same thing myself.

Good Luck!
Lauren (mom to Brooke 7 months TODAY LOBPI)
alyssasmommy

Post by alyssasmommy »

Where are you located? This might help with referrals!

Jody G.
cindyh

Post by cindyh »

Thank you for the encouragement. I am in Alabama.

Cindy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bump
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Go with your gut! If you still want to to go for it, look for another attorney. If you are tired of the "good fight" maybe it's time to let go.

I hear you--it is UNFAIR! Completely and totally UNFAIR!

Peggy
B.V.

Post by B.V. »

If you do look for an attorney, make sure you do a google search on that person. A "prominent" BPI lawyer has had their license suspended in several states for unethical behavior.
tylergsmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Hi! I am Laura, the mom of Tyler, who has a ROBPI. I've been a member of this site since 1998 and owe a great deal to the wonderful people in the UBPN community who have helped us along the way get what we needed to get done for Tyler. Tyler is now 14 years old and in the 9th grade. He's a super bright kid and loves his video games. Tyler had the mod quad surgery with Dr. Shenaq shortly before he passed. That was his first and only surgery. Now that he is older he is requesting additional surgery. He'd like to be able to supinate. Our goal is for Summer 2013.

Post by tylergsmom »

where in Alabama are you? I'm in Alabama too - Mobile....
Laura LeNoir, Mom of Tyler, Age 14, ROBPI
cindyh

Post by cindyh »

I am in Madison. It's right next to Huntsville, which is in Northern Alabama. My husband's daughter lives in Mobile(they exactually live in Daphne) with her husband. He Just started working at the Orginal Oyster House in Mobile.