Wedding Story on TLC

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
BIGJAVSMOM

Wedding Story on TLC

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

The bride has a paralyzed arm. I don't know why yet, she said it in the preview for the show and it just came on about 5 minutes ago. I wonder if it is BPI???
It's weird that I saw this, as I don't watch TLC during the day b/c of baby story. (i can't watch a birth yet with out crumbling to pieces)

Marlyn
alyssasmommy

Re: Wedding Story on TLC

Post by alyssasmommy »

Hi Marlyn,

I love this show - when I can watch it! I just found this on their website:

At age 12, Melissa was in a serious boating accident that cost her the use of her arm. It took her months after she met Patrick before she revealed that her arm was paralyzed. His supportive reaction was a huge relief and soon the couple got engaged...

Jody
Trent's mom

Post by Trent's mom »

I saw it too!! They never said it was BPI. From the looks of it- it probably was to some extent.
Anita
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

I never heard BPI, but I did like the fact that she was working on getting her arm strong enough to hold her bouquet and then would continue to work towards holding her baby. I have always been the type to be inspired for those that defy the odds. Even though at times I feel like a lazy lump for not doing more activities. I need just 2 more hours in the day. lol

Marlyn
blades

Post by blades »

I totally agree with you about the falling to pieces watching a birth. I too lose it when I watch the baby story. I had a horrible deliver and am feel cheated when I watch a woman deliver.