BPI lawsuits??

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: BPI lawsuits??

Post by admin »

Where did you find your BPI Ohio lawyer??

I'm really struggling with this, and indeed, am not even sure if it's a possibility as my daughter is soon to be 9. But, just yesterday we had a consult at Cincinnati Children's and as someone is a previous post said, now I'm pissed. I, too, passed this off as something that happened. My daughter has super function in her arm with just a small amount of problems. But, the doc suggested surgery and now I'm thinking, how far down the road until she needs another and another and who's gonna pay for that???

Any advice will be appreciated.

Keri
Angela Butterfly

Post by Angela Butterfly »

Keri, I do hope it is not TOO LATE for you to sue....I don't have any idea.

I did not sue. My OBPI daughter is now 21. In the beginning, there just was not enough of ME to go around. Even getting medical treatment for her severe OBPI, was a struggle and required ALOT of BEGGING, for years and years. I also had a husband (their father) that DEMANDED I do more than humanly possible with 3 young babies.

I regret I didn't sue......especially now that I found these BOARDS, and learn that Jill will likely have MORE problems as she gets older. I can CLEARLY see her misshapen back.

She has decided to become an ART teacher. So hopefully this profession won't be too hard on her.

AshleysMom

Post by AshleysMom »

We Sued also. Our daughter Ashley is 6 yrs old. We went to trial finally of March 04. She has had 3 major surgeries including the donor nerve graft. The jury awarded ashley a substantial amount of money & also a small amount for emotional distress for myself & my husband & the defense had filed a claim with the SUPREME court to tie up the money even further with ofcourse offers of settlement in between. We just had our hearing with the Supreme Court & are currently waiting a decision. without jeapordizing Ashley's award we wanted to go forward until the end. The insurance company is BRUTAL & STINGY & could have easily settled this in deposition & now will be paying out triple of what we initially asked including the interest. I don't regret ever suing this doctor. She was horrible. The jury had a great dislike for her, putting it mildly. My daughter struggles everyday with the most simple things in life that we just do without putting much thought into. The one thing we have given her is never ever to have to worry about money or therapy or massage or anything else she will ever want or need in her life.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bump
Kathy L

Post by Kathy L »

What kind of law suit did you have?
SarahR

Post by SarahR »

Keri - Mike Djordjevic is in Akron, OH. He has a lot of experience with BPI cases. He's awesome!
www.michaeldjordjevic.com
kubiksquare
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Mother of LOBPI

Post by kubiksquare »

Hi! I have been away for a couple years but I'm so glad I'm back.

Carl McMahan is also our attorney and he's working our case. We're in Vegas but he's in Cali. Depositions start next week, in fact. I can't wait until it's over.

How successful we'll be is another story. I'll keep you posted!

Marcie
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tina,
My parents sued when I was young. If I remember right (I was around 4 when it was over) it went to trial and we lost. The doctor had another doctor lie for him. My bpi is pretty bad but at the time I had not had any surgeries or I think we may have won. I remember standing in front of a judge and they had me take my shirt off to see my shoulder/arm better. That was not cool for the out come of the case. I do live in a small community though so that may have been part of it, also the choice of lawyer was very limited because my dad's health problem we did not have the resources.
The good news is that the doctor that delivered me has given up practicing medicine and has become a teacher. At least now he can not physicaly harm another baby. The bad news is that the doctor that lied for him is still practicing.

Amy 18 ROBPI from MN
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hi has anyone sued for a child who because of their difficult birth suffered brain injury?like developmental delays and adhgd,ocd,pdd?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I would like to know the answer to that also. My daughter has been diagnosed with autism spectrum, and we have wondered if it was related to the birth.She had a very difficult birth and she has lbpi. She has had the nerve surgery and will be having severe l'episcopo surgery in Oct. She will be starting kindergarten this year and will need a lot of help. she is verbal, but has more behavior problems. Anybody know if this is connected?