Forcep, Vacuum or Hands related to your birth injury?

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
kamren

Re: Forcep, Vacuum or Hands related to your birth injury?

Post by kamren »

I was also forceps....but they were just trying to get me out quickly, at that point the Dr felt it was my Mom or the baby(me) and so Dad picked Mom. I was dead when I was born, and Black and blue all over.
JamieMarie'smommie

Post by JamieMarie'smommie »

when I had jamie they used the vacum and the nurses pushed my knees up to my ears. Wasnt a fun experience
Angela Butterfly

Post by Angela Butterfly »

Hi Lisa,

I was age 31 and in 1984 my 3rd born daughter was 10# 8oz and way way overdue, due date the 8th and born on the 24th. Once her head was out the Family Practioner used his hands & pulled with all his might. Two nurses were, one on each side pushing with all their might at the top of my abdomen, just under my breast.

My daughter was not breathing. I didn't even know what sex I had right away. For my other two he held them up right away, this one he didn't. So I knew something was wrong & immediately asked. He said she was STRESSED. Stressed, she wasn't breathing! Fortunately they did get her breathing and she is an honor student starting her senior year in college.

Now my second born daughter was on time and weighed 9# 2oz. and flew out like a speeding train. However she left me severely injured (I required 2 unites of blood- and a lot of healing, damaged inside & out). Her face was so severely bruised the color of purple was almost black.

This same doctor delivered all of my babies, and when I asked him about my 3rd one he said babies come when they are ready. And I just thought if they were too big or whatever, a C-section took care of it. Had no idea then that babies could be partialy born etc.

My 1st was also on due date and only 7# 11oz, being sunny side up she popped in and out and took forever to be born. No forceps used for any of my babies.

Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Hi,....I was told forceps, but knowing what I know about that Dr., I suspect he pulled/yanked on me too. That was 67 years ago.
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

Hands... Lots of fundal pressure. No episiotomy or tearing. 9 lbs. 11 oz.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hands.
Steve L.
Sharon

Post by Sharon »

I was born feet first, mom remembers hearing the nurses saying "don't let the baby come out yet until the dr gets here" And on my birth records, a note about red forcep marks were apparent. I was my mom's second and last child, my sister was born ok.
The same dr that delivered me, delivered my first born. He took x-rays about 10 min before delivery. Luckly she was in a "good" position. But he must have had problems because I lost a lot of blood and dr called for the head nun/sister which threw my mom into a tizzy, so dr screwed up anyway but not with the baby (My other two children which he did not deliver, were also "normal" just a little too big)
Sharon
Tress

Post by Tress »

Well it was covered up. But it was the "kiwi" and forceps both.While I pushed I had two nurses holding my legs back towards my ears and two nurses pushing down on my abdomen while the OB applied suction.She was stuck.Had a level 4 episiotomy and after they broke her clavicle she came out.Not breathing and they rushed her calling for newborn recussitation and resp therapy.
Busymomof2

Post by Busymomof2 »

My son's injury was caused by the HANDS of the Dr.
Vanessas_mom

Post by Vanessas_mom »

Hands. Knees to my ears, nurses pushing on my stomach and dr pulling with all his might!!!