OBPI life struggles/Overuse

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
patpxc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C-5 and C-6. Unable to supinate. Contracture elbow. Wrist bone underdeveloped.
Can raise forearm to mouth level. shoulder is limited in movement. Unable to put arm behind back. Secondary- early arthritis, carpal tunnel, pronator syndrome,scoliosis

OBPI life struggles/Overuse

Post by patpxc »

Whatever happened to all those adult letters/life stories that used to be on the old board. It was a section that people told their life stories. All I can fnd are the ones the parents wrote. I seem to remember one from Kath and Tina and Nancy. There was some good stuff in them. I can't find anything for OBPI adult other than a brief article on overuse that was in the awareness magazine. Thanks. Pat
TINA-T

Re: OBPI life struggles/Overuse

Post by TINA-T »

Yep Pat........

I wrote my life story once. You know me......would I miss a chance to rattle on and on??

I have no answer to your question I'm sorry to say.
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

Pat,
Our webmaster, Ryan McClune, has all of the files from the old website. Some of the information is not up yet. He is working on a new registry which will allow us all to enter this kind of information and will combine the online registry and the life stories and have lots of new features as well. As you know, anything related to computers seems to take forever!
Nancy Birk
UBPN Secretary
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Hi!
Never got to write my story on the old board...but as anyone who personally e-mails me knows....it wouldn't take much effort! LOL!
-Stephanie
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

Stephanie....LOL....

Do you think we all talk so much because one arm does not work?????? we developed verbal skills....? Except for the MALE obpi.... lol.... or maybe they can't get a word in edgewise....LOL

Kath
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

I need a whole website for that.... LOL....
may two... one for all my happy thoughts... and one for the days when I get frustrated.... and my hands hurt and I can't throw something..... LOL...
Kath