BPI lawsuits??

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
m&mmom

Re: BPI lawsuits??

Post by m&mmom »

We settled our case. We're in PA.

Cindy
NancyP

Post by NancyP »

Went to trial and lost.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nancy,

Not sure if you can talk about it, but do you have any indication of why you lost? Thanks.

Lexi (mom to Jason, 11 months, lobpi)
Tress

Post by Tress »

I am so glad someone started this post! I have been wondering the same thing. I read where some have won and some have lost......does anyone care to share why they didn't win or what their winning factors were? I am still undecided I think.
claudia

Post by claudia »

Tress:
We won, settled before we got near a courtroom.

Why did we win? Because he did so much that was wrong. To me, to my child. He handled the whole event improperly. Oh, then he lied in his deposition. Now, they all lie, but mine got caught. Gotta love the great attorney!

Mind you, I wasn't going to sue. I thought s*&t happens and it happened to me. There are no guarantees... Then my ped neuro explained to me that it didn't "just happen". That it had to have someone help it happen. And then I got pissed. Really pissed off. He had been my ob for 20 years. I trusted him and he screwed up. Big time.

That was when we decided to sue. I cried everytime I thought about it, at first. But my insurance company denied our claim to Juliana's primary surgery and we had to pay...so then I KNEW I was doing the right thing. (oh, the insurance company eventually paid about 75% of the bill). It was all for her. She deserves compensation. No, it will not bring her arm back, no it will not bring back that day, no it does not give closure of any kind.

It gives my daughter monetary compensation for a wrong done to her. It gives her the freedom to persue any avenue of life she wants. It gives her the freedom to do surgeries and massage or who knows what without the insurance companies bothering her.

I don't regret doing this.

claudia
NancyP

Post by NancyP »

We had a fantastic lawyer. Our experts were top of the line. Our case was strong, Kelsey has a severe injury and 5 surgeries to date. I had family that eye witnessed the action taken by the doctor.

We had a jury that didn't want to believe the facts presented to them.
cindyh

Post by cindyh »

NancyP,

I am assuming you didn't win. Is that correct?
Angela Butterfly

Post by Angela Butterfly »

Dear Nancy P.
I am guessing you come from a County that is not highly populated.....like me. I am also guessing the Doctor was considered a PILLAR in the community.
Am I right?
NancyP

Post by NancyP »

Cindy,

We lost about a year ago.

Angela...not a pillar of the community, but we are in a very conservative part of the country.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Claudia:

I felt the same way about stuff happen but now that we are considering surgery, I wish I would have sued. But I believe now it is too late. But I believe that our children deserve some kind of compensation for the wrong that was done to them. This is a lifelong injury and no money makes it go away but I do believe that the doctor should have paid in some way. I do believe he will one day. Too late for us but maybe it will help someone else. Just my 2 cents.