yearly checkup , need to vent!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
GAmom

yearly checkup , need to vent!

Post by GAmom »

I was just wondering if anyone here has seen the doctor that injured their baby latley? The last time I saw the doctor was 2 weeks after he was born. And at that time I was still under shock and did not say much. It is coming time for my yearly check up and that always reminds me of him. And of course it upsets me all over again. After my son was born I started going to a local women clinic for my check up and I have not seen him since. I don't know if I could face him. I would probably get kicked out, due to anger. If he only knew. Sometimes I just want to go to his office and demand to see him and just let him have it,let all my emotions run free. I never get like this until it is time for that check up. Darn It, I hate being like this. Sorry I guess I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

Ash (son,Brayden,2yrs,ROBPI)
BIGJAVSMOM

Re: yearly checkup , need to vent!

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

I want to make copies of the pics of JAvier right out of Primary surgery and post them all over town with her name on it!!!! I know exactly what you're feeling.

venting too, Marlyn
katep

Post by katep »

I know how you feel. We were so impressed with all the collages of baby pictures from happy parents all over the walls of my midwife's offices. My husband suggested we send her a "thank you" collage filled with pictures from his operation... I doubt she would have hung that, though.

Kate
Katiesmom0514

Post by Katiesmom0514 »

I saw the doc that delivered Katie only for my 6 week check up and did make a point to tell him how her arm was progressing (at that point, we still have no movement). I am fortunate that the doc who delivered Katie is part of large group of doctors. So while I have been back to the practice for my yearly's since then, I have declined an appointment with him several times.
However, the funniest thing happened. I was walking through Wal*Mart on my lunch break one day a few weeks ago and saw this man. I instantly felt unbeleiveable anger. Like I could have walked up to him and punched him, just for existing. Well, I could't understand what triggered those feelings. Then as I got in my car, I saw his face plain as day in the delivery room telling me "just be careful with that left arm. It'll get better." And my feelings suddenly became clear as crystal to me. Funny how life puts you in certain places.

Hugs to you all!

Cheri
david'smom

Post by david'smom »

My son is 7 and i still get sick just thinken i could run into him at the hospital or anywhere...
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

I just saw the doctor that assited in my injured daughter's delivery at the conference in Baltimore on BPI. I had no idea he was to be there and he approached me! I was completely caught off guard. Do you know, he never asked me how my daughter was until the second day of the conference and only after the children w/ injuries and their parents had already spoken?!?

I used to work with this doctor and the midwife that is in his practice (I'm an OB nurse). I left that hospital soon after my 3 month maternity leave finished and transferred jobs. Working with them was only one of the reasons I left, but in retrospect I now know it made my decision easier knowing I wouldn't face the two of them every workday.

At the conference, he nonchalantly said he's had 3 deliveries similar to mine since Amber was born, but "of course hers was the worst." How and why would you say that to me? Is that supposed to make me feel better or sorry for him? I just looked at him and said, well, maybe you should start delivering your patients off of their back. The conversation quickly ended.

UGH!!! I have a new GYN now.

Tanya in NY
(Amber, ROBPI, 2 1/2 years)
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
SpeelmanC

Post by SpeelmanC »

I chose to change doctors offices...I have seen the dr that did this to our daughter (we were in court for a week - in 2001). Something that made me feel good at the time (which I probably shouldn't have, but I will admit did help me) was that he gained a TON of weight (I was hoping from the stress of the lawsuit). But when we were in court, that all seemed to disappear when we were trying to fight for our daughter...we won...afterwards he did come up to us and apologize. He said he would have done it sooner but the because of the lawsuit, he couldnt. I have no more ill feelings for him, I wouldn't want him to be my doctor or I won't invite him to my house for dinner, but I don't have bad thoughts towards him anymore. I guess the lawsuit was my "closure". You too will get there. Everyone is different. Just be as positive as you can be for your child. Focus on the child and not the hatred of the person that caused this and you will be fine. Venting works too!
GAmom

Post by GAmom »

Thank everyone! Now I know that I am not the only one that get frustrated at that every once and awhile. You know I think that I wouldn't get so frustrated if he had simply apologized. That will never happen. Anyway Thanks to everyone for letting me vent.

Ash (Brayden, 2ROBPI)