the Dr.s visit

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
patpxc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C-5 and C-6. Unable to supinate. Contracture elbow. Wrist bone underdeveloped.
Can raise forearm to mouth level. shoulder is limited in movement. Unable to put arm behind back. Secondary- early arthritis, carpal tunnel, pronator syndrome,scoliosis

Re: the Dr.s visit

Post by patpxc »

It's the droopy shoulder syndrome. I'm glad I'm not the ony one with the bra strap that falls. Then, try to discreetly try to put the damn thing back up where it belongs.
I have those big straps -they do work a little better. I used to tighten the strap-till I realized it made my boobsa lopsided.How about a valcro implant on the shoulder?????? One that sticks to any bra. Or maybe throwing all the bras out and going au natural??????? yeah, right!!!!
Erica, that's interestingabout the ball and socket. I've never heard that before. But other than the EMG, and hands, I've never had X-rays on that arm> I've often wondered what the comparison in the bones would look like. I can feel the difference in the size and shape, though. I can really see the difference in the shoulders. Good luck . I hope you continue to do well in school. Pat
Kathleen

Re: the Dr.s visit

Post by Kathleen »

Well girls.... on the missing bump.... sit down and don't laugh! I always knew my shoulder was a bit smaller...but... last week my doctor described it to me... she said I look sort of off balance..like ====___~~ get the picture....she drew this picture with her hands... was I shocked! no one ever said that to me!!! LOL... and I thought I was so normal.....
So off to the mirror to see just how bad it is.......hhhmmm thats when I noticed that the BUMP was missing...!!! No wonder that strap never stayed up!!!! as for braless...not I..... as for padded bras..never.... as for shoulders hurting... yes.... I guess when I looked in the mirror before it was all about make-up, hair... etc.... never compared shoulders... checked tummy --- thighs..etc....just never paid attention to the look of the shoulder I was to interested in the "arm" LOL...

Yes Tina... Joan Crawford... shoulders... no matter how thin I was ... I had them...lol.. well at least one... my daughter wears a 4 and she has the same problem has to remove all shoulder pads... I at least only had to remove one...LOL.... Is that what you call less work for mother!!!!

See we live and learn.... Thanks Erica for bring this subject up....and Nancy...thanks for solving the problem of the missing bump...aka droopy shoulders...

Now the velcro implant... that sounds good....LOL

Kath