hey has any one got full use in five years

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
bobby

hey has any one got full use in five years

Post by bobby »

I would like to know because I would feel a little better writing more about Sussex.
bobby

Re: hey has any one got full use in five years

Post by bobby »

also do i have anything to look foward to
Dave m

Post by Dave m »

Hi, i'm not sure if anyone gets a full recovery from TBPI.. For myself i went from a flail arm and paralysed hand to good recovery in my arm. My intrinsic hand muscles never recovered but my fingers bend using the muscles in my forearm. They are stiffer than they were before but i keep excercising them to keep them from stiffening up too much. It has been 5 and a half years since the accident and i have accepted there will be no more recovery. Good luck.
Dave
bearlee36

Post by bearlee36 »

hi bobby,
i've had tbpi for almost 8 years now and after tendon transfers in my forearm and muscle grafts in my shoulder i now have a pretty good range of movement.
i cannot lift my arm up from my elbow upwards... but with shoulder rotation and a flexible elbow and fingers its given me a new lease of life. muscles are now building up in my arm. i was totally flail for the first 3 years then it started with intense pain in my hand and forearm. i still have a lot of pain but thats controlled with medication and keeping my mind occupied seems to be the best pain relief going. once i relax thats when the gnawing pain seems to start. does anyone else have the same problems ?
i'm well happy with my movement though....... all the best Lee.
Hwee Yong

Post by Hwee Yong »

Hi Lee,

Do you feel the pain during the first 3 years?

Regards,
Hwee Yong
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hwee Yong,
yes i have had constant pain but it was really intense at first, still in constant pain but when i keep busy it doesn't seem as bad.
Lee.
bearlee36

Post by bearlee36 »

hi Hwee,

yes it was very painful in the first three years, maybe i'm getting used to it now it dosen't seem to hurt as much but sometimes it really hurts when i'm relaxing ie watching tv or on computer.

do you have tbpi?and if so how did you get it?

Lee.
Hwee Yong

Post by Hwee Yong »

Hi Lee,

My dad have TBPI. He had an accident in year 2003. He had done a nerve graft and nerve transfer. He is not totally off any pain relief but we use hot water bag to help him reduce the pain.
Hwee Yong

Post by Hwee Yong »

Hi Lee,

My dad have TBPI. He had an accident in year 2003. He had done a nerve graft and nerve transfer. He is now totally off any pain relief but we use hot water bag to help him reduce the pain.

Cheers,
Hwee Yong
bobby

Post by bobby »

Do you think that I will have use of my arm and shoulder after some years pass my accident caused my bicep to go away and my deltoid and rotator cup I have full use of my hand.