ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Dave m

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by Dave m »

Hi Maggie, i don't look in here very often but just wanted to say that yes I had a dislocated shoulder and BPI. My nerve doc thinks it was caused by crush and stretch, with avulsion but only T1. I ended up with frozen shoulder but LOTS of PT and (i believe) taking cod liver oil has helped with that. My shoulder was put back under general anaesthetic, putting it back under local is a nasty thought, owwww! Good luck and remember your PT it hurts sometimes but helps.
Dave
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Dave, Thanks for the advice, i will try the cod liver oil. Yes the PT has been painfull but is the best help. How long ago was your dislocation? Do you still get a lot of pain. thanks again, maggie
DEAN

Post by DEAN »

Dean Laird, NSW AUSTRALIA. lbpi only 10 months. Done in a rugby league game.hello to all.
Dave m

Post by Dave m »

Hi Maggie, my accident was over 5 years ago. I hit a car whilst riding my motorcycle and the impact caused the dislocation. Also had reconstructive surgery to screw the muscle back on to my humerus where it was torn off and the resulting weeks of shoulder immobilisation resulted in frozen shoulder and my arm still feels heavy. Aqua therapy in a heated pool was great for helping get shoulder ROM back, highly recommended! It is still quite stiff and yes can still hurt sometimes especially in winter but the nerve pain has calmed down quite a bit over the years. I think the cod liver oil helps with the crepitus in my neck (had cervical fractures) and shoulder so still take it. Best wishes, Dave
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am new to this, not sure if I'll end up checking often or not. But just to add...

My husband injured his right arm 4/5/03, had surgery a year later, making progress (unfortunately I don't know any of the technical terms). He injured it in a motorcycle accident. We live in Boston, MA but he was living in Togo, West Africa at the time (where he's originally from). Are we the first posters from Africa, if that counts??
yesiamyoulikey

Post by yesiamyoulikey »

Im Megan. Im 12 years old. I just discovered this Message Board. I have A Left OPBI. It's not that bad really. I've had two surgeries in my life.
starshine

Post by starshine »

Maura, injured after caesarian section in January 2002. Have rom but extreme pain. Need help.
Beautiful little boy who wonders why mommy can't do what others do and is whacked from pain and meds. staying as positive as possible
Quiet

Post by Quiet »

Sean,

RTBPI 6 years.

Auckland, New Zealand.
bearlee36

Post by bearlee36 »

Lee 36 years young from SW London England,tbpi to left arm since 8th July 1997. New to computers.
Sarah6

Post by Sarah6 »

I'm Sarah. 17 years old from Ireland with an Erbs Palsy in my right arm.