A little great news...

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
BarbH

A little great news...

Post by BarbH »

I've been here in such a long time but I'd like to share my great news with you.

We had a son born on April 28th by c-section weighing 8lbs 8oz and 20in long with no injury or complications. He is beautiful and healthy and we are so happy with how his birth turned out.

Jessica (our 2yr old LOBPI)is such a big help and tells everyone how much she loves him and gets pretty mad when other people besides Mama or Daddy holds him.

More good news...
Jessica won't need surgery. Dr. Kozin feels it may take away from what she's got. She was going to have a taylored type of Mod Quad but her external rotation is great, her internal is bad. And he feels this surgery may take away from it.

Thanks for letting me share!
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Re: A little great news...

Post by Kath »

BarbH
How wonderful for your family

I bet Jessica is enjoying being the "big sister".

I am so happy to hear she does not need surgery that is really great news.

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Vancemom

Post by Vancemom »

Congradulations on your new baby...I am glad you had a good delivery.
Enjoy your two kids.
Take care.
Cecile
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Barb,

Great news about Jessica's appointment. I'm glad that things are well.

And once again, congratulations. Send me more pictures when you get the chance as he is already one month old since the last pics I saw of him.

Tanya in NY
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
BarbH

Post by BarbH »

That's true, a month went by so fast. My Sister in law has my digital but when I get it back I'll be sure to send you some more pictures.

Thanks for all your congrats, we are truely blessed!