boston

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Re: boston

Post by Kath »

You can check our Medical Resource for information on doctors all over the world.

http://ubpn.org/medicalresources/

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Julie , i think that would be great
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Doctor Waters is out of bostons children hosp..He's WONDERFUL
BrokenWingedAngel85

Post by BrokenWingedAngel85 »

Great, thanks for the info. Maybe we can get together sometime. I'd like to start a BPI group in MA, because I honestly haven't met many other BPI families through PT sessions, etc.

-Johanna
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes that would be great to meet you all. Especially if we live close together.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When you are in Boston, go to your appointment, take notes, make a list of your concerns and worries. Then make a decision that those matters need to wait until another time, and then forget about it! Go and explore Boston! Go to Harvard Square, go to Little Italy, go to the endless hallway at MIT, go to the Aquarium, go to the Open Markets. Go and discover the History of Our Country. GO HAVE SOME FUN!

I have friends that have children of birth injury far worse than BPI. They are happy people because they drawn a clear line between medical and educational issues and their desire to just enjoy themselves as adults and WITH their kids. GO HAVE SOME FUN!
BrokenWingedAngel85

Post by BrokenWingedAngel85 »

LOL yeah I have to agree with you on that. Sometimes the best treatment is just to forget about what you're treating, just relax and have fun. And Boston's a great city; for those of you who've never been here, you HAVE to do the aquarium, and if possible, visit Fenway =)
SKIerra9

Post by SKIerra9 »

I live in Amherst MA about two hours from Boston and i've seen Dr. Waters for two surgeries. i'm 17 but i'd love to meet other BPI families, maybe answer questions parents might have!
-Sierra
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sierra ,how old were you when you started seeing doctor waters..
SKIerra9

Post by SKIerra9 »

i was in fourth grade